1 reply to this topic

#1 VicMc

VicMc

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 06:53 AM

Ok, I will admit .... I am a tad bigger in some places than I should be lol. Now, I have a big day coming up in December, I am renewing my wedding vows. :) I decided that I would be in better shape by then, for photo etc LOL. ;) Now, the wife and I decided we needed some help here and well, after pricing local gym memberships, I opted to purchase a Bowflex.

It is awesome, some may or may not know but before my injuries, I worked out with 375lb bench presses and 805lb leg presses etc., well over the last 16 years that has dropped of tremendously, however, what I am trying to say is I know weights machines and free weights etc.. So, when I say this machine is awesome I mean it it is awesome. It will work places you never knew you could work. lol

Anyway, to bow hunting and the Bowflex as a fitness training deivice. I use one group of excercises that simulate pulling the ccompound back and I must say the results are incredible. Not just for the main arm you pull with, but for the other arm to get the same workout is nothing less than a piece of cake. :) If you have a bowflex of go to a gym that has one, try simulating the pulling of a compound bow. You will be peased at how well it works if you maintain your bow form and lock yourself in place using the leg extension part of the machine. Oh, and pull to your anchor point each time before easing off. I am exremely pleased with my Bowflex Extreme2, for more reasons now, than just for getting into shape. :)

Hope you all have a great upcoming bow season. :)

"Good Luck and Good Hunting"

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 07:04 AM

VicMc congrats on the bowflex. It's safe machine for one person to use and it's adjustable to different size folks, like small woman and larger men.

I have had one for several years now. It's one of the earlier models and it's pretty good at working you over if you let it three times a week. :lol:

Stay with it and you'll see changes for the better. :thumbsup:

Here's a link to another great exerciser for archer's Bowfit safari

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 04 August 2006 - 08:42 AM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users