#1 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 06 August 2006 - 12:20 PM

I was wondering if anyone knows how and what I would need to get started making some home videos and putting them on the internet. I'm thinking of maybe bringing our video camera wit me when I go hunting to catch some of the action and share it with you guys :yes: Thanks for any help you can give me.

P.s. we have a Sony DVD handycam

Run

Edited by run'ngun, 06 August 2006 - 12:20 PM.

-Eric

#2 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 05:46 PM

Anyone? :huh:

Run
-Eric

#3 mzlloader

mzlloader

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 628 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 06:00 PM

Guys I moved this up to gen info, can some one give R&G some advice on this one I wish I could Help, but Not sure how to do what he is asking

Thanks guys for the help

R L
Trophy Hunting: Its not about the Size of the Trophy, But the Memories and Experince Of the Hunt That count, SCOUTS OUT,

www.arizonaoutfitter.com

#4 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 07 August 2006 - 06:04 PM

give it a little time R&G there are a few people here who will be able to help ya out. actualy I'd like to hear their advice on this one as well. I have a shot on a canadian black bear I'd like to put up as well :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#5 mudduck

mudduck

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:Interested in almost everything, unless it bores me, then I'm not interested anymore

Posted 07 August 2006 - 06:21 PM

Try Photobucket.com. They host my photos and i played around there with an ice fishing vid. There are other sites, but I really hate to reccomend them because of a severe lack of censorship on their part, so I won't.

#6 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 08:14 PM

Thanks Jeff
And thanks RL for moving it

Run
-Eric

#7 huntfromthesoul

huntfromthesoul

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 06:19 AM

On the old BO site there was a guy from Texas who had done some video work. He had his own web site with a forum. I think it was something about Texas Bowhunters. Anyone remember???
I choose to live simple so those who can't can simply live

#8 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 09:14 AM

Was that the guy who called himself Swat or Donnie Swat or Was his name Donnie Rodriguez Wasn't his wife's name Tammie.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#9 Ken

Ken

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 09:43 AM

R&G

I'm not a video guy but being a computer guy I may be able to help.

Making videos these days is easy, just don't ask me about editing, you ould use the newer digital cameras or you can use an older VHS/Super VHS type video cam.

Digital Video cams should come with a cable to connect, USB, and just take your pictures and download to the computer, just like the digital still cameras.

For the older VHS cameras you will need to have some type of video capture card or external box to convert the composite video to digital format. Dazzle makes these items and you may be able to find them on the shelf at Best Buy or CompUSA or some other type box computer store. If you can't or just don't what the hassle of driving and going to those types of store then you can surf the net to www.tigerdirect.com and in the search box type Dazzle. The cheapest that I have seen here is 49 bucks but burns a DVD only, I only took a short look so ther may be others cheaper.

Hope this points you in the right direction.

Ken

Edited by Ken, 08 August 2006 - 09:44 AM.

Ken

Always Place The Mission First
Never Accept Defeat
Never Leave a Fallen Comrade

#10 Fossil

Fossil

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,fishing and rockhounding..............

Posted 08 August 2006 - 01:21 PM

Mudduck said it all,thats what I use for photo site.I have a Canon "Powershot" that takes pics and shots video.-comes out really nice and clear. ;)
good luck :yes:
Posted Image

God,family and friends-What else is there..................

#11 sticknstring

sticknstring

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 09:08 PM

Texasbowhunters.com does TONS of video material. Check out thier videos! If you get on their sight-I'm sure you can pick up a few things. Ask questions on "around the camp fire" -They are pretty friendly bunch too-very responsive to those in need of this nature.
My avatar name is same as on this sight. Good luck..

#12 sticknstring

sticknstring

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 09:10 PM

OOps!-I noticed a mispell on my last thread.....it's texasbowhunter.com

#13 Fred

Fred

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Interests:Trucks and driving goat trails, Hunting, Fishing. Prospecting/gold panning

Posted 13 August 2006 - 10:31 AM

I am fairly certain that Donnie/swat is a member here. I have his address in my favorites list and I send him jokes and quips to help him get through his day as a peace officer.
He does indeed have a website of his own and if contacted I am sure he would help you out R&G. Fred
Quondo Omni Flunkus Moritati

#14 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 05:36 PM

I am fairly certain that Donnie/swat is a member here. I have his address in my favorites list and I send him jokes and quips to help him get through his day as a peace officer.
He does indeed have a website of his own and if contacted I am sure he would help you out R&G. Fred

Could this be him :huh:

Dpty5150
-Eric

#15 sschneid73

sschneid73

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 05:38 PM

I know Donnie and his wife would be more than excited to help out on this one. They have provided us with some excelant vids in the past that him and his wife have made and produced and shared with us on the ol bush site. He does have his own site and Fred has already I am sure given him a heads up. Good luck run.

Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users