• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 08:49 AM

I have a dell demention 2400 Computer which is about a year old. When I ordered it I assumed that a small floppy drive would be standard. It wasn't.

I do have a floppy drive unit that is still in my old computer.

I did check out after the fact on whether I could have had a 3 1/2 floppy in my dell and yes I could have.

I have a cd burner in my dell but once burned you can't save anything more to them plus my son has a 3 1/2 floppy in his computer but no cd burner and we want to share pics but to email them on a cable modem is time consuming.

My question is, is it possible to add the floppy drive that I have to my dell computer.

I am no techie but have been under the hood a time or two. Before I go to the trouble of removing the drive from the old computer I wanted to know if it is possible to do it.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 05:58 AM

Hey Paul. yes, you can add a floppy drive. The space for it on your new Dell will have a plastic cover over it. But I think you'll need the software to run it as well. Is there a computer repair store in town that you can take it too? Floppy's are cheap as dirt any more.
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 12:58 PM

Thanks Larry I will most definately take your advice to take the puter to someone who knows a whole lot more than I do. I don.t know if I have the disks for that drive or not so I probably will try to find someone who does know how to Git-er-done. I did look on the dell site and there are a bunch of floppyd rives to fit most all computers.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users