6 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 05:46 PM

Larry, in one of your posts you mention a German cap that is very hot firing. I believe you called it a magnum cap. At the time you couldn't recall the name. I use to shoot black powder a lot, several years back, and used a German cap that came in a red can. I'm thinking it's probably the same cap you're using but like you I can't remember the name. It seems it was called Dynomark or something similar. If you run across a can of your's could you post the name for me? I use to buy mine from a shop in St. Louis that held the rights to the original St. Louis Hawken. They were recomended to me by the gunsmith there as the hottest cap made. As I never had a missfire, while using them, I tend to agree. I can't find them around here and need the name to try to find them on line.

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 06:25 PM

Larry here is a suggestion Vorderlader Zundhutchen. These are made by Dynamit Nobel. It also has RWS on the box. The name may be just a little different as I am reading this off a box of musket caps. As a personal testamony dey shootzen real gooden. Lol

Edited by PA RIDGE RUNNER, 09 August 2006 - 06:33 PM.

If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 06:40 PM

Spirithawk REAL MEN shoot flintlocks not those cap thingy wanta to be flintlocks. :P :P :P :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#4 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 07:00 PM

Thanks Paul, that's probably them I was thinking of. Ahhh Eric...."REAL MEN" shoot .54 cals, not those dinky .50's. :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I save flint for knapping arrowheads. ;)

#5 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 09:07 PM

Sorry this took so long, our new internet service has been down. AGAIN!!!!

Now hang on while I go get Melody's reading glasses. Dang! Why do they print stuff so small these days? :rolleyes:

Well, PA got it right - they are No. 1075 plus Vorderlader-Zundhutchen caps by Dynamit Nobel of Furth, Germany. Haven't had a failure with them yet.
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#6 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 09:27 AM

Norm you might ask at your local sporting goods store whether they can order them in for you.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#7 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 09:37 AM

RWS 1073 Vorderlader-Zundhutchen caps by Dynamit Nobel. I buy them by the case (10 tins at a time) from MidSouth Shooters Supply.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users