26 replies to this topic

#1 iamyourhuckleberry

iamyourhuckleberry

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 944 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 09:27 AM

Sheez...

Leo's breaking every electronic piece of equipment he has a week before we leave or it is failing (which really makes me want to get on a plane with him).

Mike is worried that TSA will confiscate his fox urine with the nine volt battery taped to it. And...should he take the red pack or the camo pack? :rofl:

As for me, I'm fat and I cannot find a thing to wear! Lol

Actually, We're all busy tying up loose ends. With exactly a week to go before D-day, both Mike and I are scrambling to finish the jobs we've started. In my case, it will not happen. However, I'm leaving with the majority of my work completed and the rest will be in semi-good hands (nothing like doing it yourself). I cannot wait to be on that plane :wacko: 17 hours of rest will do this body good! Hopefully, I'll hit the ground running!

Edited by iamyourhuckleberry, 14 August 2006 - 09:45 PM.

Posted Image

Lurking in McDonalds near you!

Confidence makes the hunter, PSE makes the bow.

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 09:43 AM

Yep sounds like you guys are right on track getting ready for your hohum trip to Africa. If you weren't in a real mix worrying about this and that and with whatever can go wrong, will you just wouldn't be normal. Wait a minute you guys aren't normal come to think of it. All we normal people are staying here. Hey somebody better call Africa and warn them these guys have escaped and are headed their way. Seriously have fun and take a little light to the dark continent. Be safe and shoot straight. If you don't, run fast. :lol:
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 12:34 PM

T Minus 7 days and counting.

You all are going to have one heck of a great time. ;)

How long is the trip in total? What's your last day of hunting? And when can we expect you back home?
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 14 August 2006 - 01:03 PM

ahhh watched that movie about the killer lions in africa that wiped out whole villiages...the great white hunter came in and was mauled but got the lion in the end....and yep I thought of Huck. :)

have a good safe trip bubba...

Bruce.
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#5 Fossil

Fossil

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,fishing and rockhounding..............

Posted 14 August 2006 - 02:47 PM

"The Ghost and the Darkness" They are in Chicago on display at the Natural Museum............Very huge lion's :yes:
Good luck Huck.............
Posted Image

God,family and friends-What else is there..................

#6 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 14 August 2006 - 04:14 PM

Huck, ahhh ok, now i see, LOL ya'll haven't left yet you're just busy getting ready LOL well good luck, and don't bring back too many lions teeth in your hind quarters LOL and watch out for rhinos and hippos.. i've heard rhinos tend to trample and hippos tend to flip boats and chew on people. might be a situation to err on the side of caution eh?
Semper Fi

#7 Whistle Pig

Whistle Pig

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 04:15 PM

What do they say? .....Bad dress rehersals usually lead to great opening nights?
Best of luck guys and safe travel, I wish I was going just to video.
Posted Image

#8 iamyourhuckleberry

iamyourhuckleberry

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 944 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 04:16 PM

We'll be back late on the 3rd of Sept. Leo is taking his laptop (that is...if it still works by the time we leave), so hopefully we'll be able to stay in contact with everyone.

one more thing to add onto the "to do list":

Rent movie...watch for the finer points to lion hunting... :wacko: Thanks Bruce! B)
Posted Image

Lurking in McDonalds near you!

Confidence makes the hunter, PSE makes the bow.

#9 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 04:33 PM

Ahhhh, guys. You might want to stand far,far away from Mike if he trys to board the plane with the battery taped to the fox urine. The shooting might start sooner than planned. ;) :lol: Have a safe and awesome trip guys, and remember, we do expect pics. :yes:

Edited by Spirithawk, 14 August 2006 - 04:35 PM.

#10 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 14 August 2006 - 05:02 PM

Good luck hunting with the Afrikaans. Be safe so's ya can tell us all them jungle stories at Elkatraz3.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#11 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 05:20 PM

Huck & Leo....reminds me of the old Bob Hope & Bing Crosby movie "Bwana"(name?). Have the hunt of a lifetime and stay safe guys! :yes:
Posted Image

#12 paturbo

paturbo

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 05:43 PM

Tying up loose ends to get ready for a African trip is good, Tying up loose body parts from a Lion mauling NOT SO GOOD :rofl: Any way I wish you guys all the luck for this trip and I will definatly see you August 22 for Breakfast. God Bless.

MD

#13 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 05:55 PM

Finally I'm back online! Huck wasn't kidding about things falling apart at the last minute.

1. Camera Dead - Bought a new one still have not received the repair order number from Canon.

2. Rangefinder - Died while I was doing some long range practice. Mikey is bringing his spare.

3. Internet and Phone has been DOWN since Thursday. I still gotta print some hotel directions.

4. I gotta alot of packing to do still. Mostly just organizing right now. If I don't go to extra trouble to organize my brain shuts down and I forget something IMPORTANT :o
Posted Image

#14 sschneid73

sschneid73

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 07:44 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: at Phil!!! I have that image of those two hunting wild game in africa. Nothing better than an ol Bob hope and Bing movie. I am big time envious but send a prayer and a blessing to you guys and will be praying for the whole week you are there.

Steve

#15 Woody

Woody

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 07:47 PM

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, a hunting we will go! :) Dang it is not me it is you guys that are going! Well guys hope you all have your ducks in a row and maybe Leo will stop busting his electronic stuff eh :D ! On the serious side Patsy and I hope that you guys will have a most memorable journey and hunt. Be safe, enjoy and Good Luck!
Posted Image
Woody, and the Queen
Woody's Knives and Leather

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users