26 replies to this topic

#16 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 09:45 PM

You guys just remember that "this" is fun and relaxing.

I will wish you both a safe and exciting journey to your destination and that all your animals stand broadside, just 1 second too long.

Keep in mind, this is special. Alot of hunters will never ever do this and your all gonna be there for the sights, smells and stalks.

Video, pictures and funny stories is what I would like to see upon our friends safe return to us.

Leo take care of my buddy Will and Will take care of my buddy Leo. Mikey, even though we haven't met yet I know who you run with and know you are a friend as well, take care of those guys.

Pics!

Fatty ;)

P.S. Remember to tell the locals there "Ngisaqala Ukufunda isiZulu" and "Ngiyabonga"

Edited by bonecollector34, 14 August 2006 - 09:48 PM.

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#17 tomscheland

tomscheland

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:58 PM

well wishes and prayers for you leo, will, and mikey....God Bless and have a great time...someday we'll sit at a campfire and you all can tell me the stories first hand... :yes: :yes: :yes:
D.H.N.A.
N.R.A.

#18 vcross

vcross

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 396 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing

Posted 15 August 2006 - 05:39 AM

Be safe- have a great time - and send lots of pictures!!!!

#19 huntfromthesoul

huntfromthesoul

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 07:13 AM

Have a great time you guys. This is a trip of a life time.
I choose to live simple so those who can't can simply live

#20 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 07:14 AM

P.S. Remember to tell the locals there "Ngisaqala Ukufunda isiZulu" and "Ngiyabonga"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

While I'm sure our hosts Mof and Minnie Venter do speak some Zulu. Afrikaans is their primary language which based primarily on Dutch with some German and English influence.

So rather than attempting the tongue twister "Ngiyabonga", instead I'll say "Danke" (pronounced dun-KEY). Both mean "THANK YOU!"
Posted Image

#21 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 08:57 AM

Leo

You and I have too much free time on our hands :lol:

Be carefull

Fatty ;)

Prostaff.jpg

#22 Flyfisher

Flyfisher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 03:21 PM

Leo: Just spoke to Will - he just sailed 2100 lbs. of ceramic tile through the back of one of his company trucks. Fortunately only bent metal and broken glass. Between the (bad) luck the two of you are having - would you guys consider taking a standby flight? Please? Please? Please? :worry:

Marty: Yeah - you have it figured out - the rascals I hang out with are a VERY good group of people.

Mikey

#23 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 03:38 PM

Leo: Just spoke to Will - he just sailed 2100 lbs. of ceramic tile through the back of one of his company trucks. Fortunately only bent metal and broken glass. Between the (bad) luck the two of you are having - would you guys consider taking a standby flight? Please? Please? Please? :worry:

Marty: Yeah - you have it figured out - the rascals I hang out with are a VERY good group of people.

Mikey

Ouch! Mikey! I hope no one was hurt!

As far as bad luck goes. This is my thinking. When I went to the Bar E with you a couple years ago I had just completed Filling 4 of my 5 Gobbler tags in just three days of hunting. That was outstanding luck, and fortune I am still thankful for.

At the Bar E, however I harvested NOTHING.

After that trip I came back home and ended up harvesting one of the heaviest SC deer I've ever got.

This time bad luck is preceding the trip and I haven't punched my good luck tickets.

God willing this is indicative of a phenomenal Safari. I believe, this will be memorable indeed :)

Yep, Marty. Mikey's good people too. Too bad you and some of the others on this forum, I've hunted with in the past (I've had the pleasure of meeting quite a few) aren't tagging along.
Posted Image

#24 iamyourhuckleberry

iamyourhuckleberry

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 944 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 05:10 PM

I banged up my release hand a little...I've had worse. I was traveling at 45 mphs with 2300 pounds of ceramic floor tile in the bed of our company's f250. I was approaching the spot where I needed to make a right hand turn. With turn signal on and me slowing for the corner, some jerk decided to whip a left hand turn right in front of me. I slammed on the brakes and my entire load slid forward through the front of the bed and into the cab. Glass blew everywhere! My hand was trapped between the load and the back of the bench seat (I was driving with my arm up resting it on the back of the bench seat). Thank goodness No one was seriously injured! It certainly could have been worse! The punk sped away like nothing happened and I was unable to capture his licenses plate number. Not a fun moment today!....Come on Monday! :wacko:

Edited by iamyourhuckleberry, 15 August 2006 - 09:29 PM.

Posted Image

Lurking in McDonalds near you!

Confidence makes the hunter, PSE makes the bow.

#25 Flyfisher

Flyfisher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 05:43 PM

Please? Please? Please? :D

#26 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 08:41 PM

Glad you weren't injured buddy. Ice er down and get your head staight for that upcomming hunt. Take care of all our buddies and you take care of yourself.

Fatty ;)

Prostaff.jpg

#27 sticknstring

sticknstring

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 10:05 PM

- Hang in there Boys!! Come on Monday-The countdown has begun!! :yes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic