• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 19 August 2006 - 06:47 AM

I have and RFW antelope doe tag for Sept 20-24. I need a spotter. Any volunteers?

( unfortunately this is Elkatraz week too, so I'll be there 15-19 and then off to Westcliffe for 1-4 days. With a spotter I have a better chance of gettin er done and haulingas back to E3. )
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#2 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 24 August 2006 - 04:54 AM

Hey, Charles, I spot all kinds of them things every day. C,mon over and get one! :D

Edited by REDGREEN, 24 August 2006 - 04:56 AM.

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 11:47 AM

Charles if my cow elk is down and done I'd be happy to spot for ya. Will be bringing my spotting scope. Of course it all depends. Hey maybe all of us will be tagged out by that time and we could have a convoy of spotters yea right!!
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#4 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 27 August 2006 - 07:45 PM

Charles if my cow elk is down and done I'd be happy to spot for ya. Will be bringing my spotting scope. Of course it all depends. Hey maybe all of us will be tagged out by that time and we could have a convoy of spotters yea right!!

wow good plan. I'd love to have my first elk before my first anti-elope.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#5 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 08:04 PM

You know I did get a spotter. Young man offf the Huntingnet.com site. He works a law job in Dnever Countyand is off Wed and Thurs so we met in Penrose and went to Westcliffe and hunted all that first day. He's a fine young man and when he's not working as a Sheriff Deputy he lives to hunt. He might make a fine Elkatrazzer. He has all the good toys too, radio, GPS, hydration bavckpack, the latest camo etc. Cool guy that comes from a non hunting family onn the leftist coast. But he sho do love the woods. It was fun even tho I shot nothing.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#6 Dennis

Dennis

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 04:29 AM

has anyone ever killed an elk at elkatraz?or has it been more of a social gathering/quilting bee.

Edited by Dennis, 19 October 2006 - 04:30 AM.

Loving life, and taking things one day at a time..

#7 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 04:36 PM

has anyone ever killed an elk at elkatraz?or has it been more of a social gathering/quilting bee.

Not yet, Dennis. And I assure you the quiltng bee doesnt handle the cold, snow, wet, altitude, and exhaustion like the Elkatrazzers have to do. We are working on the elk part...
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#8 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 07:11 AM

Well I found a leftover, leftover, online, antelope doe tag for Oct 4-10 2008. It's u123 right east of Pueblo, and west of the u124 I hunted last yr. Now comes scouting time :clap: and knockin on ranchers doors(the part I like the least), as it's all priv :doh: land and Chemical :sick: Depot. My frustration with the CO draw system increases as residents are systematically 'not drawn' in favor of non-residents who generate more income from tag $ale$. Another govt plot.

Edited by silvertip-co, 13 August 2008 - 10:02 AM.

SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users