• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 7pointbuck

7pointbuck

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:bowhunting, muzzleloading, riding atvs, fishing, going to church, and my family and friends!

Posted 24 August 2006 - 10:16 PM

any experience with the corsican ram meat, i am thinking of letting my daughter take one for her first animal this fall, we had some of mikes barborrossa, it was horrible :sick: thanks for the insight,
Bill
"My Freezer is a wildlife preserve!!!"

#2 tomscheland

tomscheland

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 08:17 AM

bill, most of them have no high meat quality on them( their thin bodied)...but all i've had was made into jerkey and was pretty good....had a hind quarter that i bbq-ed and it tasted like goat....not bad in my opinion....but that's just my opinion....
D.H.N.A.
N.R.A.

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 09:34 AM

Bill this came up in a conversation at Wilderness last winter and everyone seemed to pass on eating quality. The Rams/goats tend to be real gamey tasting because of some marking habits. :sick: It was in full agreement don't do it for the meat.

Personally they should taste like what they eat, farm raised sheep or goats aren't bad normally if prepared with a lot of marinade.

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 25 August 2006 - 02:27 PM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 10:06 AM

Well Bill

NC donuts are alot better then corsican(SCI labels em as Hybrid Sheep). Like others had passed on exotic sheep are not great but the goats are downright yuck.

On the other hand a mature Corsican ram is quite beautifull with that brilliant orange coat contrasted by black trim. So that being said, the picture of your daughter seated next to her trophy may be worth the $$$$

Fatty ;)

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#5 7pointbuck

7pointbuck

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:bowhunting, muzzleloading, riding atvs, fishing, going to church, and my family and friends!

Posted 28 August 2006 - 06:27 PM

B) yes marty , nc donuts are better :lol: i will bring some if we ever get to do a "lope" hunt :yes: hint hint! i think you are right, it willbe worth the money. i can always make jerky or whatever on the meat, heck jerky is jerky....yum!

thanks,
Bill
"My Freezer is a wildlife preserve!!!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users