5 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 05:06 PM

I grew up squirrel hunting. They and rabbits were my introdutory into hunting. It's still one of the simplest, yet very enjoyable, things I love to do. It's also one of the best ways to introduce children into hunting. I was just wondering how many of you all hunt squirrels?

Edited by Spirithawk, 25 August 2006 - 08:25 PM.

#2 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 05:22 PM

Count me in!

It's kind of like crab - it's almost too much work to be worth the effort, but once you get to the meat: mmmmmmmm-mmmmmmmm!
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 08:51 PM

Count me in too. Although since I started hunting fall turkeys I don't have as much time to hunt them squirrly things. Used to love shooting them in the head with a 22 rimfire.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#4 7pointbuck

7pointbuck

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:bowhunting, muzzleloading, riding atvs, fishing, going to church, and my family and friends!

Posted 28 August 2006 - 04:29 PM

i do like hunting squirrels, i agree its great for the kids, if you dont have any borrow one, they surely enjoy it, at 14 , the sweet smell of burnt powder from that old model 88 h and r .410 shotgun on my first squirrel hunt that cold october morning. <_< such a great memory!

Bill
"My Freezer is a wildlife preserve!!!"

#5 mzlloader

mzlloader

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 628 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 05:24 PM

Count me I love chain tree rats. :yes: :yes: :yes:

I got it down to science here in az, just drive up and down the old logging roads find a tree rat get out Yell BIRD to shooter watch the Rat up the tree, Hard part is they run all the way to the top of some of these big pondrosa pines and you really gotta look hard for em

R L
Trophy Hunting: Its not about the Size of the Trophy, But the Memories and Experince Of the Hunt That count, SCOUTS OUT,

www.arizonaoutfitter.com

#6 T-Wrecks

T-Wrecks

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 09:53 PM

Ya, you betcha! I bought a GAMO Varmint Hunter, and Holy Sweet Jesus does this thing put them tree rats down! There is no sweet smell of powder, but the airgun is quiet enough to really hear the THWAPP!! of the pellet on impact. Maybe oh 15 or so in the last three weeks just going after work and such.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users