4 replies to this topic

#1 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 08:23 AM

Spring bear hunting verses fall bear hunting is one better than the other? :huh:

Is the fall bear larger than it was in the spring? Is the meat better in the spring than the fall?

What's your weapon of choice? :boone:
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#2 mzlloader

mzlloader

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 628 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 08:40 AM

Rowdy

I would love to do some spring bear hunting, unfortunly here in arizona Spring Bear is a draw only and I cant seem to draw a tag, Not sure which hunt would be the best Spring or Fall, but I do know the Pelts off a spring bear are better looking than one in fall, (in most cases) because of the hybernation, the bears have not been out rubbing all summer

R L
Trophy Hunting: Its not about the Size of the Trophy, But the Memories and Experince Of the Hunt That count, SCOUTS OUT,

www.arizonaoutfitter.com

#3 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 10:33 PM

Wyoming is over the counter for residents and I usually see several thru hunting season. i have killed 2, both in Alaska. But another bear skin rug would be cool!

Fatty :yes:

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#4 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 10:11 AM

I've thought a lot about hunting bare but not sure I could handle the briars. :no: Ohhhhh, wait a sec. You said Bears......never minnndddd. ;) :lol:

#5 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 02 April 2006 - 01:38 PM

The fall bear is much heavier than the spring model.Their coats are better in the spring as well. As for taste, depends on what their diet was. You will find bear to be a little sweet. Make sure you remove all fat and cook it well. Various calibers will work well for blacks. I've used 12 gauge slugs 30 06 and various magnums. They all work, if you do your job.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users