Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 09:37 AM

Primos Roar

MAD deer Growl

You maybe have heard about these newer calls out this summer. The shows that demonstrated them showed bucks actually sounding off like this during the rut.

Have you ever heard a buck growl or roar? What do you think about these new calls?

Well I haven't yet heard anything like that. I've heard snort wheezes in the woods from a distance. I've talked to guys bowhunting that heard roars and watched a buck do it. They had a hard time describing it. But they described it as a territory type call different than a grunt call. It was in the rut and the bucks displayed and chased off other bucks from the does while making this long loud grunt type call.

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 31 August 2006 - 07:57 AM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 01:34 PM

I have seen an ad on the Outdoor Channel for one of them. It is a tough call on what is hype and what is real. These companies are constantly pushing something new or at least improved. bottom line I don't know if this is true or not. I have not even heard the grunt snort wheeze from a real deer. I sometimes think what one hunter hears is another constipated hunter behind the bushes.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 tomscheland

tomscheland

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 10:48 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: @ paul....it's not a hype ..i've heard these sounds last fall over by my nephew's stand...it sounded like a war going on there ...the bucks were after a doe (which i took so i could get a buck) my nephew took 2 bucks and my brother-in law got one of the bunch also...we just started grunting and growling as aggresave as the bucks and they were going crazy....i'm looking to by one of those calls and use it from late oct thru the middle of nov(pre rut, rut and post rut...i think this is the only time it would work and where there's lot's of bucks...)and i did hear a grunt sniff weeze one and took a big six point that was making the sound....(but i thought it was the neighbor's horse nickering)...only to look around and see this buck....
D.H.N.A.
N.R.A.

#4 WayneBizzle

WayneBizzle

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 02:32 PM

Never tried one. But, I just may check one out.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users