3 replies to this topic

#1 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 08:49 PM

Someone gave me a gift certificate for Cabelas for my recent birthday so I had to go on a pilgramage. When I went I got that Sims slip on recoil pad for the savage stevens 30'06 I got for Christmas and took everything right to the range to sight it in. I'll tell ya, that thing works!! Even my one friend who doesnt buy anything thats not on sale and pinches every penny (even though he doesnt need to) said that it's worth the price I paid for it. My question is do I take the original pad off and then slip the new one on or just slip it over the existing one like I have??

#2 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 08:58 PM

I couldn't say but in my opinion the only problem I see with sliding it over the existing recoil pad would be the extra length it would create. As long as you can still shoot it comfortaby I don't see how it could hurt.

#3 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 30 August 2006 - 11:19 PM

I added a pre fit to my shotgun and especailly with sabot slug you can really feel the difference. I would recommend it to everyone ^_^

Run
-Eric

#4 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 08:00 AM

Scott if just slipping it on does not make the stock too long then all is fine. If it affects shouldering the rifle then you may want to remove the one already on the rifle.

I recently bought a sims barrel deresonator. I put it on my 7 mag and am experiencing fantastic groups. I don't know if it is responsible for the great groups but no way am I taking it off just to see.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users