• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 12:56 PM

:blink: Found out today that I have an invitation to hunt in Huron County MI. the opening week of firearm season(Nov. 15) . My mom & stepdad have a huge resort home there and some farmer friends are overun with deer. They found out that we love to deerhunt and offerred to let us hunt there. I'm strongly considering taking up the invite since the only cost is lics. & transportation. ...just need a hunting pardner for the adventure ;) for 4 day hunt . AND alot of advice on MI hunting. I know it's in a shotgun only area. :huh:
Posted Image

#2 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 04:28 PM

Love to help ya out Phil but I will be there in 3 weeks hunting for my NE whitetail.

I will let ya know how the hunt went and yes go do the hunt!

Fatty :yes:

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 05:45 PM

Phil what is the cost of a non resident tag for MI. Can you use a muzzleloader instead of a slug slinger.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#4 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 06:44 PM

Paul,
Non-res Antlered deer tag is $138 and priate land otc antlerless is $100. I'm checking to see what the regs are because I'd use an inline instead of a slug thrower too if legal. It's a 9 hour drive from State College, so I'm thinking of heading out late Tues.14th and returning late Sat....depending on hunting success, etc. Stepdad said if I'm serious, he'll contact the farmers to secure invitation.
Posted Image

#5 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 07:39 PM

Phil

Make the trip buddy!

Never ever turn down an at cost hunt, I try to live by this and so does Huck. If I can't squeeze it in I won't do it, but if there is any way possible to go on a hunt I sure try and get there.

My $.02

Prostaff.jpg

#6 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 02:24 PM

Phil count me in I just checked with the Sr vice president in charge of checkbook and she said "Then Go" Is it near Bad Axe MI. Maybe we should take Woodhick Lol. I just got my truck all prepared to go to CO so we could take it if we need a truck.

#7 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 06:06 PM

Sounds good Paul,
I'll start getting the particulars ! :D
*Hey, just had a MI hunter reply to the muzzleloader question over on Real Tree forums and you CAN use a muzzleloader instead of a shotgun in that area.

Edited by Phil, 03 September 2006 - 06:37 PM.

Posted Image

#8 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 07:04 PM

Woo Hoo Now to find out if there are any restrictions on the muzzleloader like scope, sabots, etc. Michigan in Nov can most likely be a cold adventure but an adventure non the less. May even have to deal with some lake effect snow too. I bet it is rather flat land hunting though. I recall when one of our trips to Canada took us through the whole UP of MI. Man there wasent a hill big enough for an ant to break a sweat. Definately GPS territory.

#9 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 08:53 PM

Awesome, good luck guys!

Fatty ;)

Prostaff.jpg

#10 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 12:12 AM

:D Thanks Marty!
You'll never get lost Paul cause if you use your compass you always end up wading in Lake Huron ! N/NW/NE anyways :lol: Did I mention that we have to drive right past Cabelas ;)
Posted Image

#11 huntfromthesoul

huntfromthesoul

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 07:09 AM

Sounds like you guys will have a great time. I always thought it would be nice to hunt in some different type of country.
I choose to live simple so those who can't can simply live

#12 tomscheland

tomscheland

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 06:35 AM

i use to live in mi.... and yes the deer hunting is awsome there....do the trip...it'll be worth it ....
D.H.N.A.
N.R.A.

#13 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 08:17 AM

Hey Phil, is there room for two more? It's kinda weird, but Melody and I are planning a trip to Michigan during that time frame to visit with family in the Lansing area. It sure would cool to break off for a few days and hang with ya'll. Melody would not hunt, but would like to hit the woods with me (us). I grew up in Michigan and spent a lot of time in the Huron and Manistee areas camping and canoeing as a kid but never hunted there. Man is it some pretty country up there.
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#14 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 10:42 AM

That would be too cool Larry( *Paul...this means" the Cat's Meow" in your generation's terminology) :lol:

Give me a week or so to find out some details and what the landowner has in mind....again...it would be awesome to hook-up with you folks...maybe "Belcher " can split a few hairs!
Posted Image

#15 tomscheland

tomscheland

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 05:20 AM

hey larry i spent my teen years not far from your grow up spot... i lived in plymouth....know all the state well
D.H.N.A.
N.R.A.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users