• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 03 September 2006 - 08:05 PM

I was elk hunting Saturday. Very foggy all day at 9500'. About ten am the fog lifted for 30 min and three large turkeys came down out of a tree near me. All were 15+lb sized. They walked in bow range in front of me but it isnt the season yet, and I dont have a fall tag. After my lunch and a short nap I took another foggy hike in search of a cow elk to stick and fulfill my tag and I ran into 4 mule deer bucks together. 2 were 3x3 and 1 of them had brow tine knobs comin up. Then there was a large 2x1 and a smaller 2x2. All 4 were feeding together and seemed not to notice ol camoed me so I watched them feed by me which took a good ten mins. The largest 3x3 was high and wide, wider than his ears. My buck tag isnt for unit 86 but seeing them deer sure made me wish it was.

:yes:
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#2 huntfromthesoul

huntfromthesoul

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 07:11 AM

Sounds like you had an awsome day of hunting. Isn't it great that we are into a sport that you don't have to always be succesful at to enjoy. Just being out there is success.
I choose to live simple so those who can't can simply live

#3 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 04 September 2006 - 12:58 PM

A bad day hunting is still a good day cause you are away from the rat race of civilization. It's not necessary to have a successful day for it to be rewarding. Just being there is the reward.

#4 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 07:37 AM

I always carry my camcorder while in the woods, over the years you see some amazing things..

On video you get to see it more then once ;)

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#5 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 05 September 2006 - 05:06 PM

I always carry my camcorder while in the woods, over the years you see some amazing things..

On video you get to see it more then once ;)

Normally I do too when hunting, except this time wife had it at school for her thrid graders.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users