6 replies to this topic

#1 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 11:16 AM

Anyone else have a trip planned this year just to go fishing? Let's here your trip or day on the water.

I'm joining a group of guys in June , (not related to me and mainly they're brothers, bother-in-laws, sons and their father) , that go up the Ramsey Lake area in Ontario every year to walleye and pike fish for six days. The slot restrictions on the walleyes has workout pretty good because they keep getting larger each year. Spoiled is the word that comes to mind because you have to be one bad son of gun fisherman to get skunked there. The pike range from hammer handles to around 4 lbs. Nothing trophy size but good eating. :)-
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 08:35 PM

I have been to Canada a number of times. All times but two were in northern Ontario one spot over a hundred miles north of Sudbury another in extreme north western Ontario (a fly in trip). One a couyple of years ago not far from 1000 island bridge (40 or 50 miles) and one to northern Quebec. The one to Northern Quebec was 87 miles off the nearest paved road. That unpaved road was bad enough it was 15 to 20 mph the whole way. I believe the most exciting was the fly in trip. Everyone needs to fly with a bush pilot at least once in their life. What a thrill. Oh by the way the walleye fishing was outstanding on that trip. We caught hundreds of them.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 08:23 AM

PA I did a fly in too in the N.W. part of Ontario. Drove up out Michigan through the Saulte and headed N.W. around the Superior and then north until the road stopped in this little nothing of a town. Next morning we loaded our gear and flew with Bushy in his Otter due north over an hour up around the James bay region where all the rivers and lakes drain into. No one but us on this huge lake and rivers for the week. Wolf and bear tracks around our site every day while we are out on the lake fishing. Scat left by both 10 steps from the boat dock. No guns or bows just fillet knives in camp. This was twelve years ago now and I remember it like it was last spring. Great fishing trip.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 30 March 2006 - 02:46 PM

:D Don't mean to rattle any cages, but living here does have a few advantages. The 30+ pound northerns, double digit walleye, 10+ pound rainbow and 50+ pound lakers are great. :P

#5 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 07:24 PM

RedGreen you got that right. Someday I will venture into Canada to fish. ;)
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#6 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 08:17 PM

Red Green you could not take it fishing in Ohio. The average day here is a skunk or no fish at all just a lot quality time on the water. Not enough water to fish and too many fisherman and recreational types on it too. That why we go to Canada for the fishing, some much water and no fisherman all day long. And the fishing is hard to beat like you say. :eek:

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 30 March 2006 - 08:17 PM.

#7 Fossil

Fossil

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,fishing and rockhounding..............

Posted 07 April 2006 - 11:18 AM

I'm headed up to Manitoba this spring to my cousins to fish Pike and Perch.
Around the "Riding Mountain" area....................
Posted Image

God,family and friends-What else is there..................

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users