11 replies to this topic

#1 tomscheland

tomscheland

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 12:27 PM

jer how bout a disabled hunters forum .. where disabled folks can get a little guideance and assitance on hunt's that are avalible out there....just an idea bud...thanks...
D.H.N.A.
N.R.A.

#2 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 03:04 PM

Tom, ya beat me to it. I was going to suggest the same thing. There's a lot of guys on here that are eighther disabled or handicapped and why need a whole another site when a forum on here would be just the ticket. A forum where we can discuss how we've had to adapt our ways of hunting, discuss equipment that allows us to still enjoy the sport, and post outfitters and managed hunts that are set up especially for the disabled and handicapped and where we can encourage those that are newly facing health problems and let them know there are still ways they can enjoy hunting and the outdoors. I think it would be a great service to us all and long over due.

#3 tomscheland

tomscheland

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 04:49 PM

Tom, ya beat me to it. I was going to suggest the same thing. There's a lot of guys on here that are eighther disabled or handicapped and why need a whole another site when a forum on here would be just the ticket.  A forum where we can discuss how we've had to adapt our ways of hunting, discuss equipment that allows us to still enjoy the sport, and post outfitters and managed hunts that are set up especially for the disabled and handicapped and where we can encourage those that are newly facing health problems and let them know there are still ways they can enjoy hunting and the outdoors. I think it would be a great service to us all and long over due.

exactly norm....that's what i said but a horter version :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by tomscheland, 30 March 2006 - 04:50 PM.

D.H.N.A.
N.R.A.

#4 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 05:24 PM

Being disabled at only 35 years old, I would 3rd this one. A very unique and heartfelt way for us to share ideas, heartships and offer assistance to one another..

Marty

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#5 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 05:33 PM

Ahhh, great minds think alike. ;) Why Tom, are you saying I'm long winded? :lol: :lol:

#6 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 30 March 2006 - 06:30 PM

I think that would be a cool idea :yes:

Run
-Eric

#7 tomscheland

tomscheland

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 08:07 PM

no way norm ...just a good spokesperson... :lol: :lol: :lol:
D.H.N.A.
N.R.A.

#8 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 30 March 2006 - 08:29 PM

Let's see where things go in the next few days/weeks and go from there. I can say now that if this forum ends up becomming "well used", we're going to need some upgrades to truly be where we want to be.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#9 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 01:45 AM

Jeremiah

You, my friend, are the boss. But your site is now my new homepage and I will be using it as much as possible.

Thank you again
Marty :yes:

Prostaff.jpg

#10 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 31 March 2006 - 05:51 AM

Aight, i'll tell ya'll my opinion, i hope ya'll do get the disabled hunters section, but ya'll better keep posting all over the board, and not forget about all the rest of us ;)
Semper Fi

#11 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 02:04 PM

Oh I agree, my buddies are all over this site. But it would give a spot for disabled hunters to offer advise from a perspective alot closer to home..

Fatty

Prostaff.jpg

#12 Fred

Fred

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Interests:Trucks and driving goat trails, Hunting, Fishing. Prospecting/gold panning

Posted 03 April 2006 - 10:00 AM

Let's see where things go in the next few days/weeks and go from there. I can say now that if this forum ends up becomming "well used", we're going to need some upgrades to truly be where we want to be.

Since I have notified about 60 members of BOOC that were on my emailing list, things just might improve, membershipwise! ;) Fred
Quondo Omni Flunkus Moritati

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users