#1 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 03:04 PM

Posted Image

Black Bear island lodge has some world-class pike fishing. Size does matter when pike fishing and I was fortunate to hook into three over 40" and several just under. The policy at the lodge is catch and release for for these big old fish and I applaud D.J. for doing this. What a blast hooking into something that will bend your pole, run and stripe off line. And when you get them to the boat they don't fit into the nets because they so darn big. I lost two at the boat that looked to be in the 45 to 50 inch class. My guide on one remarked it was the largest he'd ever seen in the many years he had been fishing.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#2 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 05:19 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek: Mark I want to go fishing with you. :yes: :yes:
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#3 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 06:12 PM

Those are beauties !!! ;)
Posted Image

#4 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 13 September 2006 - 03:10 AM

Those are definately nice filleting size. Glad you had a good time.

#5 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 08:08 AM

Black Bear Island Lodge has put his own limit on these fish on what's catch and release. I think he's done the smart thing too by doing this. The bigger pike over 31" are catch and release. D.J. explained those old big fish are worth to him some $40K in future revenues. They report to the lodge all fish that measured over 40" and this year they are over 200. So far the record this year was a 50" fish. I believe there are larger fish in there because I had one at the boat.

Same goes for the walleye, anything over 21" goes back to be caught another day and continue to breed the next generation.

I have fished in a lot of different waters in Canada and think this fishery is the best I have ever seen. Very healthy. Birds that hunt fish like Bald eagles are very abundant and look healthy too.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#6 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 13 September 2006 - 06:21 PM

Mark, did you get Dawn to down load and copy your pictures before you left? that shot needs to be on their website :)

way to go
and eric...spring...2nd or 3rd week of june...ya can go fishing with Mark ;)
right mark :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#7 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 11:17 AM

Dawn or D.J. didn't get my camera before I left but I did email them this one and two others of some fishing pics we took.

Eric I'm working real hard to stay on my bosses good side (wife for sure) so I can do this again ----soon. Too much fun not too.

#8 Fossil

Fossil

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,fishing and rockhounding..............

Posted 14 September 2006 - 07:12 PM

So cool,congrads-nothin' like a huge Pike on :yes:
Posted Image

God,family and friends-What else is there..................

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users