24 replies to this topic

#16 Melody $

Melody $

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 11:29 AM

We got snow here in Woodland Park last night (8,600 feet) so I'm betting the guys are shivering up there in Leadville today. There is more on the way in the forcast too. It's been a really weird year for weather in Colorado this year.
Eat It Before It Eats You!

American Culinary Federation Certified Executive Chef

#17 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 12:33 PM

:D ....and I'm nowhere nearby to get blamed!!! :yes:
Posted Image

#18 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 07:24 PM

Yea but you were thinking about them. :lol:

#19 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 07:17 AM

More snow forcast for today and tomorrow; 5 - 15" in the high country! :o The boys are going to be cooooooollllllddddddd! I-70 is closed near Vail Pass and Loveland Pass with chains required on commercial vehicles. Dang! (I hope Ron can get the Taj Mahal out of there this weekend).

This is very unusual weather though. We normally don't start seeing this kind of stuff until late October or mid-November.
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#20 Hatchet Jack

Hatchet Jack

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 08:11 AM

I'm trying hard to visualize a guy that can arrow a lion and wet his pants at a bear...man that must have been some bear, Huck!

Gosh I'm missing being there!
"The Lord bless and keep you. The Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace." Num 6:24-26

#21 WayneBizzle

WayneBizzle

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 07:22 PM

Stay safe guys.
Posted Image

#22 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 09:54 AM

Praying everyone gets out safe and likewise has a safe trip home. :yes:

#23 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 01:36 PM

Just talked to Terry. He was at the Houston Airport waiting on his plane. He told me he had a blast even though he didn't score. Said Paul, PA Ridgerunner, ran up and down like a youngster and was hard to keep up with. :lol: Also that a lot of slipping and sliding was done by all.

#24 Charles

Charles

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 08:39 PM

I just flew in from E3 and man are my arms tired. Many things happened over this awesome week. So many it will take several posts by all to cover so many laughs and then pain over lost Elk and long hikes in the high country.

I will say that Terry has earned a Trail Name. I Love It! A Trail name is hard to come by and often never granted. You sir, have been honored with such and occurrence. I look forward to your approval of this new handle and that you 'll share with the others this new moniker.
5-November-2008 - Today is the first day of the down fall of American as we know it.

#25 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 25 September 2006 - 04:47 AM

HAHAHA Chaz i was just waiting on a post to bring that one up LOL well all i earned the trail name Scooby Doo... and i will allow ol' Chaz to elaborate more on it LOL my time at E3 was a blast, saw one cow at about 150 yds, up hill, then a total of about 10 mulies, and dagnab it i was wishing i had an archery tag for them LOL. It was an incredible experience and i wouldn't trade it for the world, I do wanna extend a very special thank you to Will(Huck), Paul (PA RidgeRunner), Eric, Charles, silvertip-CO (Charles), Minnesota Paul, Josh, Ron (Elk Hunter 40) and Bruce for making this an incredibly unforgetable experience, and i have extended the invite for these fine gentlemen to come down here so i can drag them through the humidity and bugs this spring to chase spring turkey, and feral pig :evil: Think i should tell them how vicious feral pigs can be?

OH and one VERY VERY special THANK YOU to Silvertip's wife, Dawn WHOOOOOOOOO can that lady cook ;)

Edited by TerryfromAR, 25 September 2006 - 05:04 AM.

Semper Fi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users