4 replies to this topic

#1 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 09:52 AM

I've tried about half a dozen different manufacturers sight on my setup. I think for the Spot Hogg sight is made tough. It's been dropped from about six feet on a stump and bounced around in a case for well over a thousand miles on the road and nothing changes and not loose at the adjustments. Great pin and arm adjustments for windage and altituded. Easy to adjust in the field as well. Some adjustments takes an allen wrench while others take fingers to turn the built in screw.

Anyone had a different opinion of them? :hmm: :peace:
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#2 paturbo

paturbo

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 01:56 PM

Rowdy, I have no opinion on them becasue I am a Trophy Ridge man myself.

MD

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 03:47 PM

Trophy Ridge sights are fine, light and well made, I tried one and I just couldn't get use to the vertical pin alignment thingy. Blocked my view too much so I went to a horizontal style with plenty of viewing space around the pins and easy adjustments. The Trophy Ridge line is also very adjustable.

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 05 April 2006 - 01:59 PM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 mudduck

mudduck

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:Interested in almost everything, unless it bores me, then I'm not interested anymore

Posted 31 March 2006 - 05:38 PM

Spott Hogg Posted Image or these from Trophy Ridge http://www.trophyridge.com/Trophy-Ridge-Products/

#5 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 06:42 PM

That's it ! :clap:

Thanks mudduck or Jeff corn fused again! o:)

It's the spot hogg for me. The trophy ridge I couldn't get use to. But is something I couldn't see around for someone else they work fine. I know some guys at the local archery shop use trophy ridge and are real happy with them. Jeff uses a vertical style sight too. For me it was hard to see the pins when I got out and down to the 40 yard pin. Too many pins in the way of the target. The newest style of trophy ridge combines vertical and horizontal pin configurations to eliminate that problem on a five pin set up. :blink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users