• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16 7pointbuck

7pointbuck

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:bowhunting, muzzleloading, riding atvs, fishing, going to church, and my family and friends!

Posted 25 September 2006 - 03:46 AM

anyone from this forum,first and foremost, michael waddell and ted nugent!

God bless,
Bill
"My Freezer is a wildlife preserve!!!"

#17 Hatchet Jack

Hatchet Jack

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 05:05 AM

My favorite hunting partner in the world - wouldn't trade him for anyone in the world - is my son Casey.

After that, my good friend Jeff. He doesn't hunt anymore and has totally lost the fire to try. I really miss sharing moments with him in the woods, tracking deer together and telling stories about hunting. He has totally left hunting out of his life and I really miss that part of our friendship.

As far as times past, would love to hunt with Earnest Hemmingway or Teddy R.

As far as celebs I think it would be a real hoot to hunt with Ralph and Vicki...guess that means black bears with a Hoyt...I can live with that. :rofl:
"The Lord bless and keep you. The Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace." Num 6:24-26

#18 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 07:23 AM

IMHO throw out the hunting celebs and the politicans past and present, it's too much about them instead of enjoying the time a field. Friend or family are the thing for me. The guys I have hunted with here are my choice. IMHO! B)
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#19 tomscheland

tomscheland

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 07:32 AM

i'd have to say my dad first although he's not able anymore , then folks from this forum. i've hunted with a bunch from here but would like to do it again...going to try to hunt with will, marty, norm(spirit hawk) and try to get mark down here for a white tail buck sometime in the future....of course i don't want to leave anyone out so you all are invited here to hunt...that would make my day....i guess if i had to choose a celeb. it would be with the realtree team, bill, david, and michale... :D :D :D
D.H.N.A.
N.R.A.

#20 Doe Eyed Gal

Doe Eyed Gal

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 04:28 PM

Okay guys.. going through the list there have been some absolutely wondeful choices and I still don't think I'd change my intitial choices; however, if anyone has any connections with Michael Waddell, they can tell him I'm single. LOL :D So yeah.. I'd guess I'd add him to my list, however I'm not sure hunting would be at the only thing I'd be enjoying. J/K

Edited by Doe Eyed Gal, 25 September 2006 - 06:36 PM.

#21 Dean S.

Dean S.

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 06:33 PM

I`d have to make it a family hunt. My grandfather, dad, brother and my daughter. My grandfather and dad have passed but I do remember a rabbit hunt when I was a tiny lad, I shot my the ol` 12 guage that had been past down, I had a headache for 2 whole days :lol: . To have that day now would be awesome, I think they would be proud of the way my daughter hunts. I sure miss them........

#22 BrandonT

BrandonT

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 208 posts
  • Interests:Anything outdoors!

Posted 25 September 2006 - 09:59 PM

I've been blessed to be able to hunt with quite a few guys and gals from this forum, most of which we met on other forums before coming here. But I wouldn't trade any of those hunts off. From Tennessee to Hondo, Texas and all the way up to Canada, I got to get together with groups of people that I met on here. There's still a few others that I'd love to hunt with off of this website though. Someday it'll happen maybe. We'll have to see. :)
BrandonT

#23 Hatchet Jack

Hatchet Jack

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 06:54 AM

DEG - Mike's married and got a son.
"The Lord bless and keep you. The Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace." Num 6:24-26

#24 Doe Eyed Gal

Doe Eyed Gal

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 06:58 AM

LOL I know.... and Hawkeye from M*A*S*H is not a real person. A girl can have her dreams though. :rofl:

#25 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 26 September 2006 - 11:37 AM

I'd have to say anyone from this forum and 2 in particular come to mind, i haven't got a chance to hunt with them yet but maybe someday... those 2 are Spirithawk, and Fatty... :D
Semper Fi

#26 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 01:57 PM

DEG LOL with you

LOL I know.... and Hawkeye from M*A*S*H is not a real person. A girl can have her dreams though.  :lol: 

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#27 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 26 September 2006 - 07:10 PM

as a very very young boy, the first time I ever shot a gun ( simply a 22 ) was with my grandfather and my cousin Dan. ( Dan and I were both around 5 or 6 ) when grandpa took us out.
he's gone now...and we had many chances to hunt the 3 of us...but not near enough.
If I had my choice, Id share another hunt with Grandpa Clifford and my cousin Dan.

as far as celebs. naaaa I'll pass. thanks anyway.

I have a great hunting partner now , Mark T and will spend any chance I can in a hunting camp with him. We think alike, hunt alike have the same eithics when it comes to hunting.

A new hunting Partner, Pat P who we took on the bear hunt and he got his first animal at the rip ole age of 50. now he's hooked and wants to buy a bow and do it with sticks and strings next year.

the guys from this forum... Mark Fav...anyday any chance..I'd share a camp with him. Huck...:) Larry and Mel, Jack, Ron & Josh, Charlie, Charles, any of the boys from PA. Sorry Eric we didn't get enough time together this trip maybe next time.
life sometimes gets in the way of what we want to do.
i know I've missed someone... but for the most part, I'll stick with the real people who have a real love for the outdoors.
Ohhhh and a past hunting partner. Dennis. I'd love to get him to colorado and share elk camp with him again. :) maybe someday.
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#28 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 09:48 PM

Well one day I'll hunt with McBruce again :)

If I start naming all the forum members I've been lucky enough to share a camp with I'm positive I'll leave some one out.

I had the good fortune of hooking up with folks in SC, TX, TN and South Africa.

Why dream about hunting with a celeb when you can make real memories with folks right here?
Posted Image

#29 iamyourhuckleberry

iamyourhuckleberry

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 944 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:16 PM

Bruce and Leo,

You guys hit the nail right on the head! I do think Tom Hanks would be a hoot to hunt with though. He seems like a "put on the jeans one leg at a time" kind of guy.
Posted Image

Lurking in McDonalds near you!

Confidence makes the hunter, PSE makes the bow.

#30 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:28 PM

I chose Fred Bear and Theodore Roosevelt, not because they were famous, but because of all they did for conservation and hunting. Heck, I wouldn't even have to hunt with them. I'd just like to share a campfire. As for the guys and gals on this forum, that goes without saying. And Ted? Weeellllll, Ted is Ted. What else can you say? :lol:

Edited by Spirithawk, 26 September 2006 - 10:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users