16 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 10:46 AM

I've only been lucky enough to go on one hunt with an outfitter but Angie and Scott Denny, of Table Mountain Outfitters, made my hunt one that I'll for ever remember. The quality of the game we saw, the beauty of the scenery, the profesional manner that Angie and Scott put forth, and the fact that they both made my son and I feel like we'd known them a long time and made us feel like we were their number 1 customers makes me not hesitate in the least to recomend them to anyone looking for an exsperience of a life time. :yes:

#2 Chrud

Chrud

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors, racing and sports.

Posted 29 January 2008 - 08:07 PM

Thanks a lot for the info. I've been thinking about an archery antelope hunt in the future. Table Mountain Outfitters is the only outfitter I've looked at and they seem to be the best choice. I believe a "town archery hunt" is a little under $2000, which isn't too bad.

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 09:33 PM

Thanks a lot for the info. I've been thinking about an archery antelope hunt in the future. Table Mountain Outfitters is the only outfitter I've looked at and they seem to be the best choice. I believe a "town archery hunt" is a little under $2000, which isn't too bad.

Chrud for antelope archery hunt I'd also recommend hunting with some folks in Colorado who are die in the wool archery folks and know how to bowhunt the speed goat. Price is better too. Fred and Michelle Eichler, Full draw outfitters and their place is down in Trinidad CO and they do take care of you and look for your repeat business. Most of the bowhunters in camp had hunted with them on several occasions. And they do have some great looking country and goats all over. Just pray it does not rain on any speed goat hunt, it's sudden death to success of the hunt.

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 03 March 2008 - 09:17 AM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 03:57 PM

TMO is way over priced. Most outfitters are

Fatty

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#5 RicF

RicF

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 07:38 PM

BC
I thought I asked you about the hunt you had in Michagan but then I thought I saw a negative post from you about that place. Was there a neg post or am
i taking to many Meds again.

Thanks
Ricf
PATIENCE - Kills Turkeys !!

Ric's Hunting Page

Posted Image

#6 Buck

Buck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 06:43 AM

negative report from Bone Collector. Thought I saw that aswell no detail?? BC are you a guide?

#7 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 06:36 PM

BC
I thought I asked you about the hunt you had in Michagan but then I thought I saw a negative post from you about that place. Was there a neg post or am
i taking to many Meds again.

Thanks
Ricf

The owner is an okay guy, kinda dry. very beautiful lodge and setting, they have nice animals but they cannot score anything to save their butt.

In a nutshell, I just saw a few things go on there that I strongly disagree with..

Fatty

Prostaff.jpg

#8 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 06:38 PM

negative report from Bone Collector. Thought I saw that aswell no detail?? BC are you a guide?

I don't know you buck, you speak like we know each other but you joining a day before this post I would have my doubts..

To answer your question directly, no I am not a guide. I take my share of friends out for a nice hunt when I can. Anyone who charges over $1500 for a fully guided antelope hunt in Wyoming is just plain and simple robbing you. This can be done unguided on public land all day long.

BC

Edited by bonecollector34, 01 April 2008 - 06:43 PM.

Prostaff.jpg

#9 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:59 AM

While I thouroughly enjoyed my hunt with Table Mountain I do have to agree with Marty. If you can do it on your own, why pay the big bucks? I won my hunt and never could have afforded to drop $1500 on an antelope. The only differance I see is that with an outfitter you are assured of a trophy animal, or at least a shot at one, and a hunt with someone familiar with the game and the area, but if you have the time and are willing to put forth the effort, wouldn't any animal you get on your own be the greater trophy? My son and I were talking about this and bottom line, any time you pay for a hunt, you are buying the animal that you shoot if you have to rely on the guide to point that animal out to you. That seriously borders on a canned hunt to us.

Edited by Spirithawk, 14 April 2008 - 09:00 AM.

#10 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 10:41 AM

While I thouroughly enjoyed my hunt with Table Mountain I do have to agree with Marty. If you can do it on your own, why pay the big bucks? I won my hunt and never could have afforded to drop $1500 on an antelope. The only differance I see is that with an outfitter you are assured of a trophy animal, or at least a shot at one, and a hunt with someone familiar with the game and the area, but if you have the time and are willing to put forth the effort, wouldn't any animal you get on your own be the greater trophy? My son and I were talking about this and bottom line, any time you pay for a hunt, you are buying the animal that you shoot if you have to rely on the guide to point that animal out to you. That seriously borders on a canned hunt to us.

When I have hunted out west I needed an outfitter. To me a good outfitter is worth the money, for one I don't know the land (access to public or private land boundaries and don't have the time to research it), normally I have a limited amount of time to hunt like five to seven days, I don't have someone ready to spend the time to set me up to hunt (to me that's asking alot cause the people I do know have jobs that take all their time). When I do the math the outfitter's price better meet or come close to what my cost would be if I spent my money to do DIY hunt on public land. When I did hunt with an outfitter there was no guarantees of taking P&Y type trophy. One outfitter only gave the guarantee of being able to shoot one, the others gave no guarantee. I paid twice and never took the shot, on one I held off and the other I never had the opportunity too, now that's bowhunting to me and I'm not complaining one bit.

IMHO Table Mountain Outfitters is a good deal and has good prices for what they offer.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#11 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 05:07 PM

I have a limited amount of time to hunt like five to seven days, I don't have someone ready to spend the time to set me up to hunt (to me that's asking alot cause the people I do know have jobs that take all their time).

Don't get me wrong brother, I have paid for my share of guided hunts. I was only stating antelope in Wyoming and because I was helping them. I have assisted several members of HR and everyone got shots at good goats and it cost em a fraction, next to zero besides their tags. I use my house, food, truck and 4 wheeler...heck even my rifle a time or 2 for a buddy.

But that is what friends do for eachother, alos I very much agree with your quoted statement above. The only reason I don't hire a guide for Iowa is because my family owns 2000 prime acres for deer. I will have Tony post the pictures when we can gett his hunt done :) I have a tag every year but it is tougher to get a buddy drawn in Zone 4.

Fatty

Prostaff.jpg

#12 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 03:21 PM

Don't get me wrong brother, I have paid for my share of guided hunts. I was only stating antelope in Wyoming and because I was helping them. I have assisted several members of HR and everyone got shots at good goats and it cost em a fraction, next to zero besides their tags. I use my house, food, truck and 4 wheeler...heck even my rifle a time or 2 for a buddy.

But that is what friends do for eachother, alos I very much agree with your quoted statement above. The only reason I don't hire a guide for Iowa is because my family owns 2000 prime acres for deer. I will have Tony post the pictures when we can gett his hunt done :) I have a tag every year but it is tougher to get a buddy drawn in Zone 4.

Fatty

Marty in your position I totally agree with you and your generousity to help a friend in your State is very kind of you. But I'm talking about having to use an outfitter who will be feeding me, housing me, transportation to and from the lease to do hunting, sometimes transportation to and from the airport, etc., you know what I'm talking about and that is another animal in most cases. So when I have hunted out west a good outfitter can be well worth the money. in my humble opinion LOL.

#13 viper's wife

viper's wife

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 08:07 AM

Good Morning - I am new to your forum but the reason for my entry is I am trying to book my husband an elk hunt for his 50th Birthday. We have hunted everything on the east coast but now I am sending him west. I am looking for Colorado (otc license) Archery and fully guided and meals included etc. My problem is, when I talk to these outfitters - they figure they are talking to a "girl" and try to smooze me. My bear from Maine was bigger than my husbands and is now on my wall. In any case, any outfitter info or insite would be greatly appreciated.

#14 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:36 AM

Welcome Viper's wife to our forum. Glad to have the female perspective on our forum to keep us in-line a bit. :D

Full Draw Outfitters
This is another CO outfitter that elk bow hunts and rifle hunts. Hey that's a way cool birthday gift.

Good Morning - I am new to your forum but the reason for my entry is I am trying to book my husband an elk hunt for his 50th Birthday. We have hunted everything on the east coast but now I am sending him west. I am looking for Colorado (otc license) Archery and fully guided and meals included etc. My problem is, when I talk to these outfitters - they figure they are talking to a "girl" and try to smooze me. My bear from Maine was bigger than my husbands and is now on my wall. In any case, any outfitter info or insite would be greatly appreciated.

#15 viper's wife

viper's wife

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:16 AM

Welcome Viper's wife to our forum. Glad to have the female perspective on our forum to keep us in-line a bit. :D

Full Draw Outfitters
This is another CO outfitter that elk bow hunts and rifle hunts. Hey that's a way cool birthday gift.

I just went ot Full Draw's website again- Is this a game ranch? Does it feel like a small place or is just tons of private land (no fences in site....) And I don't know about keep you'all in line....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users