• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 7pointbuck

7pointbuck

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:bowhunting, muzzleloading, riding atvs, fishing, going to church, and my family and friends!

Posted 25 September 2006 - 09:24 AM

have any of you experimented with hornadys new ballistic tip type ammo for the lever action. the airport area i am hunting will allow 30-30`s and shotguns so i may opt for the old marlin on this hunt? also what was your furthest 30-30 kill?

God bless,
Bill
"My Freezer is a wildlife preserve!!!"

#2 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 11:36 PM

Folks are giving great reviews about it the new ammo Bill.
Posted Image

#3 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 08:17 AM

I drew a mulie tag for 2nd season in October and will be using the new Hornady ammo. I'll let you know how I like it, but it will probably be too late by then.

My longest shots so far with my Model 94 have been some coyotes; all at 40 yards or less out of a blind. Haven't had any big game in the sights yet with it.
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#4 Dennis

Dennis

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 09:01 AM

7point , i've used a sears/ted williams 30-30 lever action for the last 20 yrs , i've taken 30 or more whitetails with it and my longest shot was 125
yds. and my closet'st shot was well lets say 5yds. I always use winchester ammo 150 grain as it seems to luv those things. i still have the same scope on it an old tasco and believe it or not i've sighted the scope once in 20 yrs ..

Loving life, and taking things one day at a time..

#5 T-Wrecks

T-Wrecks

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 10:11 PM

I've shot several whitetail with a M 94 thats maybe 40 years old. Federal 170 gr. 15 feet to 110 yards, and most of them dropped. All of them, I guess. But I just use my pistols now, but yeah, 30-30's are real fun guns.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users