6 replies to this topic

#1 iamyourhuckleberry

iamyourhuckleberry

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 944 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 02:12 PM

Hey,

Did any catch the accomplishments of Gary Bogner in this month issue of the Safari Times? He's the first man to complete 11 Grand Slams and 17 inner circles (at the diamond level) with exclusively archery equipment. I am impressed to say the least! What an accomplishment! I'll see if I can dig up any stories about him. He is certainly a role model for us all.

http://www.arrowheadadventures.net/GarysBio.htm

Edited by iamyourhuckleberry, 30 March 2006 - 02:15 PM.

Posted Image

Lurking in McDonalds near you!

Confidence makes the hunter, PSE makes the bow.

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 02:39 PM

Huck after reading your post I got the ST out and started looking for it. The newspaper right!? I cannot find the article - what page is found on? :huh:
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#3 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 03:01 PM

I have always thought very highly of Gary Bogner. I was a hunt my own backyard type of hunter, till I started watching his video series "Passport to North America" (5 videos), "Passport to Africa"(3) and "Passport to new Zealand"(1 video).

This amazing hunter opened my eyes to what our sport and heritage has to offer, he is the reason I initially joined SCI. Now I am plugging away at the World Hunting Awards! By 2007 rolls in, I will have 5 Inner circles, 1 Grand Slam and my 1st Pinnicle of Achievement. This was completed in 3 years of hard work and tons of fun.

I did this w/o ever leaving North America. So can everyone else, if the desire and passion is there..

Marty :yes:

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#4 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 03:38 PM

Huck and Marty I read the article on Gary Bogner (link) and he's hard core. Pretty impressive trophy hunter and all with a bow. That I like.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#5 iamyourhuckleberry

iamyourhuckleberry

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 944 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 04:43 PM

Rowdy,

They have his photo along with a tidbit of info near the back of the newspaper. I'm sure there'll be more, bigger, and better when the award issue of the magazine comes out in June. He's a preety amazing dude!

Marty,

I wish you the best of luck! Hopefully I'll be there to share some of your hunting moments.

I'm praying, by the time 2007 rolls in, I'll have three slams completed and will be silver to gold (if not diamond) on nearly 13 of the 22 inner cirlces. I'm also praying the wife won't skin me ( :rolleyes: ). As far as a deer in every state...look out Wyoming, Texas, Nebraska, Arizona and/or Tennese/Indiana! Here I come! :D
Posted Image

Lurking in McDonalds near you!

Confidence makes the hunter, PSE makes the bow.

#6 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 08:24 PM

Man you two are on the hunt in the SCI circles. Hey best of luck to both you - I sure hope you guys do it. I think you'll getter done. :yes:

#7 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 10:18 PM

Thanks Rowdy!

I am still and always will be a student of our sport. I support conservation and SCI 100%.

Will has valuable experience over me and I am happy to just be associated with him. I am chasing his tail as best I can, but he sure runs fast--Will and I hopefully will share many hunts togeather in the upcoming years and encourage everyone to follow your passion that is within your means.

I look forward to sharing hunts with as many members of this valuable site as I possibly can.

Marty ;)

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users