Elkatraz 4

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#16 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 23 January 2007 - 10:10 PM

LOL I'm still trying to figure out the AZ Regs. I might be going south next year for elk :) well all depends on luck of the draw :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#17 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 11:14 PM

Must give it some deep thought.

Fatty

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#18 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 24 January 2007 - 05:51 AM

No promises but i'm gonna try, gotta see how my funding looks but like Paul said, with what i learned last year i think i'd be much better off going on a 2nd hunt, thinking if i do get to go, i'd take off the last 2 days of the week prior and just drive in, that way i'm not short on gear etc this year, flying in, kinda limited what i could bring last year, by driving in, i could save money in all actuallity, i've also got a banged up wing i'm dealing with, my fault for multitasking LOL This year if i make it, i'm getting an archery mule deer tag as well as my elk tag, it was tough watching those mulies last year that close and not being able to shoot.

Edited by McBruce, 24 January 2007 - 07:27 AM.

Semper Fi

#19 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 08:57 AM

Same deal as last year for Melody and I - our September schedule is full and then some with the camp here. Our fall retreats are getting really popular and it's almost impossible to get away. Ya'll decide on the dates and we'll do our best to sneak up to E-IV early in the week.
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#20 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 09:00 AM

My dance card says NO WAY DUDE!
Antelope hunting I will be in early September. So the rest of the jeteye nights will have to fight the mountains alone.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#21 Charles

Charles

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 09:42 PM

Hey, McB!!! When you get a bead on those AZ regs let me know. I can't even get them on the phone, lol.
5-November-2008 - Today is the first day of the down fall of American as we know it.

#22 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 26 January 2007 - 09:08 AM

...hmm none of this sounds good for an E4. guess we'll see.

:(
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#23 mzlloader

mzlloader

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 628 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 09:38 AM

Hey Charles

try this

http://z9.invisionfree.com/huntingresource...wtopic=1996&hl=

R L
Trophy Hunting: Its not about the Size of the Trophy, But the Memories and Experince Of the Hunt That count, SCOUTS OUT,

www.arizonaoutfitter.com

#24 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 26 January 2007 - 01:42 PM

I just got one question.......

Is it September Yet??
Semper Fi

#25 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 26 January 2007 - 05:01 PM

I'd really like to go, we'll just have to see what happens.
-Eric

#26 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 06:00 AM

run, i'll tell ya lil' buddy, even at your age, you better start getting into shape now if you think you MIGHT get to go LOL if i can keep from trying to kill myself for a few weeks i'm getting into a little better shape myself this year, them "hills" get tough on the legs real quick LOL breathing wasn't a problem for me last year, but muscle fatigue and altitude sickness were, not to mention my complete cluelessness with a GPS unit, but that's a campfire story LOL
Semper Fi

#27 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 30 January 2007 - 04:38 PM

No promises but i'm gonna try, gotta see how my funding looks but like Paul said, with what i learned last year i think i'd be much better off going on a 2nd hunt, thinking if i do get to go, i'd take off the last 2 days of the week prior and just drive in, that way i'm not short on gear etc this year, flying in, kinda limited what i could bring last year, by driving in, i could save money in all actuallity, i've also got a banged up wing i'm dealing with, my fault for multitasking LOL This year if i make it, i'm getting an archery mule deer tag as well as my elk tag, it was tough watching those mulies last year that close and not being able to shoot.

Ship your gear to me and save hauling it on the plane man. My garage is always open to Elkatrazzers. Maybe you can carpoole with someone from back east.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#28 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 05:58 AM

silvertip, man i'm trying to talk Spirithawk into going, i would gladly make the detour through Missouri to pick him up, and not even worry about extra gas, it would be great just to get him into camp with us hahaha my lil s-10 is gonna see some miles this year, but i'm not too big on flying anyways too many restrictions, it would be alot easier to drive in, plus it will gimme a better chance to enjoy the sights than 30,000 ft will LOL i really appreciate the offer though.
Semper Fi

#29 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 07:10 AM

Where we doin it this yr..unit 45 or unit 371 ??? :huh:
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#30 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 10:25 AM

Elkatraz.

It's such a good place, warm, sunny, golden trees, smell of autumn, high peaks, screamin elk, great food,

smelly hunters, snow, mud, frozen toes, dead batteries, ,,,

Gotta love it :yes:
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users