10 replies to this topic

#1 Hatchet Jack

Hatchet Jack

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 10:57 AM

I just lost an arrow because I left my expandable heads at home. At lunch I sign out on my computer and go to an area just up the road to stalk turkeys (not easy). I blew one stalk, then made it within range of a whole flock. I shot once - right underneath, repositioned on them again and did the same thing - lost the first arrow in the high grass.

The best head for turkeys IMHO is an expandable head. I use the NAP Gobblestoppers, but any one will do. They fly well in the wind and quick, not so good form, shots common to spot and stalk turkeys. Also they're more likely to kick up than fixed heads making them harder to lose.

Well, I've hunted turkeys a grand total of 35 minutes so far this fall season now and I'm 0-for-3!!!

I hate turkeys.
"The Lord bless and keep you. The Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace." Num 6:24-26

#2 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 03:39 AM

naww....JJ, you just love to hate em ! ;)
Posted Image

#3 Hatchet Jack

Hatchet Jack

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 05:15 AM

I'm headed back out at lunch with Casey's metal detector trying to find my arrow. I'm taking my bow and next time I'm either killing one of the little vultures or shoot high - I don't think I've EVER shot over a bird.
"The Lord bless and keep you. The Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace." Num 6:24-26

#4 ricfirefighter

ricfirefighter

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 08:07 AM

i feel for ya :D cant seem to hit them dang things with the bow might have to go back to shotgun at least then i hit em

#5 Hatchet Jack

Hatchet Jack

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 12:18 PM

Well, make that zero for four. I blew another stalk today.

Took this consolation prize on the way back to the truck - near cut it's head off.

Posted Image

#6 sschneid73

sschneid73

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 01:52 PM

Nice shot on the ol stump there Mark. I have been bow hunting them now for about 12 yrs. and I only have 4 birds and many missed shots. What do they say "patience-patience-patience."

Steve

#7 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 03:13 PM

JJ you are in direct competition with a certain colorado tree killer. Or maybe you are cahoots with him. Don't you just hate it when a tree stands for many years in one spot only to jump in front of a perfect shot at game.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#8 Hatchet Jack

Hatchet Jack

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 09:01 PM

:lol: :no: You guys are funny. Maybe this will help - see the squirrel ON the stump?

Posted Image

#9 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 07:25 PM

Hey JJ get an arrow out quick there is meat on that there stump you killed. Shoot man shoot it is ready to attack your ear, shoot.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#10 Doe Eyed Gal

Doe Eyed Gal

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 03:42 PM

LOL.. that is just too funny!! :rofl:

#11 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members