• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 17 October 2006 - 06:39 PM

Guess that sorta tops Elkatrazzin. WOW. Looks like a great time.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#17 RicF

RicF

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 06:53 PM

Great hunt, great story, congrats
PATIENCE - Kills Turkeys !!

Ric's Hunting Page

Posted Image

#18 Woody

Woody

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 07:38 PM

Thanks for sharing the pics and story! Awesome storytelling, so glad you guys had such a great time! Congrats to you all!
Posted Image
Woody, and the Queen
Woody's Knives and Leather

#19 sschneid73

sschneid73

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 08:27 PM

Great hunt you guys. I wasn't able to hunt them here this year due to the drought and fires we had in NW Nebr. panhandle. They dropped the permit number from 240 to just 90. I will draw next year though. Marty what is the cost for an out of state tag? Thanks for sharing Will.

Steve

#20 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 09:04 PM

Hi guys

Wyoming non-resident buck pronghorn $226.00 plus $12.00

If drawn you can buy 2 additional doe antelope tags for $29 a piece.

Fatty ;)

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#21 paturbo

paturbo

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 12:49 AM

Will congrats on the speed goat hunt. Marty your one heck of a guide. Thanks for sharing your hunt with us and the pictures.

MD

#22 iamyourhuckleberry

iamyourhuckleberry

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 944 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 07:19 AM

Greenie (gr* reen* knee): what a Wyoming "homie" calls a person from Colorado. This distinction is due to the green licenses plates displayed on Colorado resident vehicles. Although some plates come in a variety of colors (burnt orange for example... the plates of pioneering families), homies still call all Coloradans "Greenies".

I guess that's fair since we Coloradans call Wyoming residents "Sheep lovers". :yes: We have another saying: "Wyoming, Where men are men and women are men too" (Myth by the way). :o) :o) :o)

Thanks guys! This was indeed a wonderful hunt. Marty was an awesome host and I do believe I heard him say this hunt was available for those that could come. Heck, I'm so close, I would love to lend Marty a hand and help out anyone that draws a tag. There are plenty of you folks that we have in mind!

Here's a list: JJ (and Casey), Leo, Mark Fav, Dave Rice, Tim Butler, Woody, Dennis,Bruce, Phil, Seth, and...............................Ron, Josh, Larry, Mel, Tom, Norm, Steve..........Bill, Jere, Donnie..........MIke, Tony, Frank.....and the list goes on!

Yes Phil, It has been a good year for me. I'm raising the bar for sure! I have a very good friend that was diagnosed with cancer (he's 55 years young). His survival rate is slim at best (I cried when I found out. He has hunted the world with me and is like a brother). It will be hard for someone now to tell me I do too much hunting. Moreover, it does my soul wonders to help feed those less fortunate than me. I'm sure you understand.

Edited by iamyourhuckleberry, 18 October 2006 - 03:51 PM.

Posted Image

Lurking in McDonalds near you!

Confidence makes the hunter, PSE makes the bow.

#23 Ironranger

Ironranger

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 08:44 AM

Will, after talking the other day, it was nice to see the pictures and more info on the hunt. You got that right about doing it now as I told myself that a long time ago and if a person looks at the average life expectancy, time is ultra precious.

Marty, hopefully some day I'll have the pleasure of meeting you. Speed goats are definitely on my list of hunts and it's just a matter of having the time to do it with all of the other elk and mulies I still want to hunt.

#24 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 12:48 PM

Man I have to agree with Huck on this one. At the ripe old age of 64 I finally went to elkatraz this year. Did I have fun, yep I did. Would it have been any easier 10 or 20 years ago you bet it would have.

Don't wait around till you have "time", or the money. Make the time while you are young enough and arrange the finances just like you do now when you really want something now.

Don't put it off till later because later may never come.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#25 iamyourhuckleberry

iamyourhuckleberry

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 944 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 03:36 PM

Hey guys,

I may have over stepped my boundries here. Because of the private nature of this hunt (we were hunting on private property), Marty and I are willing to take two hunters per year after goats. There are plenty of places to hunt antelope in Wyoming which are more open to the general public. We can and will point any hunter in the right direction. Both of us are a phone call away. We'll help you sort things out if we can. We are not guides and we can not guarantee your success. We will help out in any way we can...
Posted Image

Lurking in McDonalds near you!

Confidence makes the hunter, PSE makes the bow.

#26 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 03:39 PM

:blink: Well-l-l-l..Will,
I can bet Chris & cousin Lee would go for this option as the 3 of us together could at least sit on oneside of the ranch teeder-todder from Marty if the lopes didn't co-operate ! ;)
Posted Image

#27 sticknstring

sticknstring

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 08:35 PM

Sweet Deal Will!!! Grats !! I wish I was there to witness it. :yes:
I guess I'll be hunting with you and Fatty within a month! Hopefully , me and Frank have the luck of putting you guys in the right stands! (I know the shooting ability is there!)
Fatty-we need to get Kelly back down here too!

#28 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 09:04 PM

I want everyone to come experience a true western pronghorn hunt and I am all about quality not quanity.

In taking 2 hunters a year, I can assure that I or Will(or both) are with you and you have a personal touch on your unguided hunt. That way, I know everyone will leave with a mature buck worthy of anyones trophyroom. After all, we only have about 60,000 private acres to hunt on. Wills hunt we covered about 1500 acres and knocked down 4. :)

Tony and Frank S. have my full attention for next years hunt. We will be pushing them over the next hill in search of their trophies.

But if someone doesn't want to wait a year or 2, I will happily assist you in putting in for an area where you can find good goats and some access to hunt on. It just won't necessarily be with me beside you.

If you chose the 2nd option, I have no hard feelings what-so-ever. But again I want everyone who really wants to come to WY and hunt speedgoats to come.

Yes, Tony, I am counting the days on our TX trip. I cannot wait 2 more weeks to punch out on a TX whitetail... :yes:

Fatty

Edited by bonecollector34, 18 October 2006 - 09:06 PM.

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users