30 replies to this topic

#1 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 02:07 AM

Will and I will be hunting with an outfitter in May. We are gonna try him out and then post our results for all to see.

In hopes will will get a good group for a hunt maybe next spring to go do some exotic hunting.

Very good prices and excellent clients. Past SCI presidents, Nugent, Shockey and many others.

If all goes excellent, I know it will, we'll have to get something in the works for as many as possible to go down and spend quality time togeather

Marty :D

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#2 sticknstring

sticknstring

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 05:17 PM

Woot!! I'm looking forward to hunting with you Marty!! And hunting with Will again!! B)

#3 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 01 April 2006 - 08:52 PM

That would be fun, even if I didn't go and saw some pics.

Run
-Eric

#4 RicF

RicF

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 08:57 AM

BC
What part of the country are u talking about...
Ric
PATIENCE - Kills Turkeys !!

Ric's Hunting Page

Posted Image

#5 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 12:14 PM

Ric

This hunt w/ Huck and I will take place in Texas. We're gonna try it out and relay to the troops on how it was for a possible future hunt

Marty ;)

Prostaff.jpg

#6 sticknstring

sticknstring

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 10:26 PM

Marty,
If you & Will want to stay "an extra couple of days" after our hunt down south...I can put you on some hogs up where I live. I went into this place(approx. 1600 acres)for the first time this morning and shot a 9 inch gobbler with a bow, there are tons of hogs in there! If not, we'll go when you visit in November. The catch is , they aren't permitting any guns. Do you shoot a crossbow?....

#7 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 12:37 AM

S&S

What an offer! I would love to but I only shoot a muzzleloader and rifle.

I used to bow hunt and have taken a couple elk w/ my Hoyt. Since i got injured and my neck was broken i lost my anchor point and it is now a titanium cage so I am VERY inaccurate w/ a bow. I never have shot a crossbow before, not sure how that would work.

I do appreciate your kind offer

Marty ;)

Prostaff.jpg

#8 sticknstring

sticknstring

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 09:37 PM

Marty,
I know your situation about your injury-you told me all that over the phone! Thats why I'm suggesting taking up a crossbow!Lol... Out of all honesty, it will outshoot a bow in most cases, very flat shooting , effective out past 100 yds, hand/eye mechanix same as a rifle! Anyway , looking forward to hunting with you in Hondo..I'm sure it'll be a blast! :D ,

Tony

#9 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 10:22 PM

Ah the sneaky Chef

Well Will has a crossbow he would lend me for a piggie. If I can get a bipod hooked to it, it might be worth a try.

You are gonna have to figure out a tasty recipe for roast pig w/ mango salsa. :P

And yes, we are gonna have too much fun in Hondo! Got any recipes for Water Buffalo, cause we are gonna be knocking some over down there?

Good to hear from ya buddy!

Fat Marty ;)

Prostaff.jpg

#10 iamyourhuckleberry

iamyourhuckleberry

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 944 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 07:06 AM

Welcome Aboard SS!

Nice to see you here! I cannot wait to get back down there for some more fast action! I would love to see FAt Marty chased up a tree by a 250 pounder! On the other hand, he's big enough to lauch a 250 pounder up the tree and out of the way...again something I would like to see.

Marty was talking about dining on fine pastries before each hunt. I told him we would be pretty much on the fly everyday. He'll be lucky if he gets a package of Hostess donuts from a convience store, LOL!

I'll get the young'n squared away with a crossbow. He'll be shooting like a pro in no time.

Were you able to save the fan and beard? You need to post your turkey story! Has Frank made it down out of the tree? We're gonna have too much fun! By the way, you're gonna need some more freezers! :yes:
Posted Image

Lurking in McDonalds near you!

Confidence makes the hunter, PSE makes the bow.

#11 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 06:10 PM

Welcome SS :)

How ya doing. I'm not making it down there this May and I hate to be missing out. Looking forward to the report from y'all.
Posted Image

#12 sticknstring

sticknstring

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 06:54 PM

I'm doing well Leo! How about yourself? I'm sorry you won't be joining us...I'm sure there will be many more opportunities to share hunt'in camp! I had a blast hunting with you last time you were in Texas...You truly kept me laughing! Nothing like Leo's humor in camp...got a joke for every move or comment! Lol :lol:

#13 sticknstring

sticknstring

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 07:07 PM

Huck, Lot of hogs in there! If we don't do it this time, we'll definitely do it when you come back in Nov.! BTW, Frank told me a 190 inch whitetail was shot there last year!! As for Marty, I'll come prepared with some pastries!! :lol:

#14 iamyourhuckleberry

iamyourhuckleberry

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 944 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 08:40 PM

Tony,

Show this to your daughter. Tell her that Dani and I have started practicing for our upcoming hunt. She is so excited!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Lurking in McDonalds near you!

Confidence makes the hunter, PSE makes the bow.

#15 sticknstring

sticknstring

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 09:20 PM

Will,
She's a cutie Will! She must have got her looks from her momma! :lol: I can't wait! I just love seeing the young ones spending time in our most precious resource-great outdoors. The anticipation the day before to the excitement of seeing/harvesting their first fish or animal! Chloe is pumped up too!...Come on November!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users