#16 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 12:39 AM

Stick

Have you figured out whattcha gonna hunt down there in May?

I need 4 additional animals for my SCI Inner circle on Introduced Trophy Animals of North America and I am willing to give the crossbow a try if ya think I can stick a piggie...But I am green on shooting one so be patient and don't smack me too hard.

Thank you again for that offer, I will accept the deal..

I am 100% sure on a giant Water Buffalo and a pig, kinda in the middle on either an big Aoudad or a Nilgai, then need 1 more..

Hmmmmm what to hunt, I will probably figure it out when I see what makes my heart skip a beat.

Look forward to wrestling with ya in May!

Fat Marty ;)

Edited by bonecollector34, 06 April 2006 - 12:40 AM.

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#17 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 08:56 AM

I'm doing well Leo! How about yourself? I'm sorry you won't be joining us...I'm sure there will be many more opportunities to share hunt'in camp! I had a blast hunting with you last time you were in Texas...You truly kept me laughing! Nothing like Leo's humor in camp...got a joke for every move or comment! Lol :lol:

Thanks for the kind words SS. Lord willing their will be other opportunities for us to meet on a hunt again.

SS makes some excellent Deer sausage :yes: Can vouch for that.
Posted Image

#18 iamyourhuckleberry

iamyourhuckleberry

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 944 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 10:37 PM

RicF, We'll be in Texas. That's where we're trying to arrange a HR hunt. The Bar E ranch is an awesome Place but it is limited to bows only. We're looking into hunt with a great guy by the name of "Richard" from www.actionoutdoors.com. He'll allow any weapon of choice. Thus more people will be able to attend.

Tony...GOT FREEZERS? Man, I think we had better get all your kin down there ready for some meat. If we are successful harvesting everything on the list, we'll need freezer space for sure. Those two little girls are going to have a blast together!

Marty, The cross bow is at the machine shop. I'm having it modified for you to shoot. We'll have you slinging broadheads in no time.
Posted Image

Lurking in McDonalds near you!

Confidence makes the hunter, PSE makes the bow.

#19 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 09:01 AM

RicF, We'll be in Texas. That's where we're trying to arrange a HR hunt. The Bar E ranch is an awesome Place but it is limited to bows only. We're looking into hunt with a great guy by the name of "Richard" from www.actionoutdoors.com. He'll allow any weapon of choice. Thus more people will be able to attend.

Tony...GOT FREEZERS? Man, I think we had better get all your kin down there ready for some meat. If we are successful harvesting everything on the list, we'll need freezer space for sure. Those two little girls are going to have a blast together!

Marty, The cross bow is at the machine shop. I'm having it modified for you to shoot. We'll have you slinging broadheads in no time.

Don't think the Bar E allows Crossbows if that's the plan fellas :(

Looks like Actionoutdoors has some Watusi. That ought to get the Oxen blood boiling Marty :)

Don't know if they have a catagory for them in SCI but they are one cool oxen IMO.
Posted Image

#20 iamyourhuckleberry

iamyourhuckleberry

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 944 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 09:20 AM

Actually Leo, the Bar E does allow crossbows (disabled hunters only). I have cleared that much up with Tina.

Richard from action outdoors has over 78 different species of game to hunt. He also resides in Hondo. Both Marty and I have been able to work some amazing prices with the man. This upcoming hunt with him will definitely be a fact finding mission. If he's all he says he is (and at this point I have no reason to doubt the man), I'll spend the next twenty years hunting with him. Many of the "great names in hunting (e.g. Ted Nuggent, Jim Shockey) have hunted with Richard. They have done so because the man is fair with his pricing and as honest as the day's long.

Both Marty and I are hunting water buffs with him in MAy. I'll take a look at his watusi and give you a feild report. :)

Got the turkey call yesterday....THANK YOU!
Posted Image

Lurking in McDonalds near you!

Confidence makes the hunter, PSE makes the bow.

#21 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 01:32 AM

Leo

I am gonna try the crossbow thing and see how I like it. If I do, then it is possible I will be hunting with another weapon at times.

I do love hunting the Oxen, my big buffalo was rush and our water Buffalos will likely be the same. The watusi hasn't caught my interest yet but who knows.

I am hoping my next oxen trip to be either a muskox on Victoria Island or a cape Buffalo in Africa.

We gotta get ya down to Richards place with us, I think you will like it!

Fat Marty ;)

Prostaff.jpg

#22 sticknstring

sticknstring

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 07:40 PM

Marty,
I have my heart set on a 30"plus axis deer. If a repectable mouflon shows up...maybe he'll go home with me too B) ! I'm looking forward to do the piggie hunt too! Frank(my brother lives 10 min. from the property) sighted a 500 lb. plus beast the other day. We've hunted alot of pigs in our earlier yrs-I used to have dogs, we would get on 350 to 400 hogs a year. Frank said the sight of that big one actually scared him :ermm: ! We've started corning the area with feeders-let the games begin :D !

#23 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 10:37 PM

Tony~

If your heart is set, then it will happen. Richard knows his stuff and isn't gonna blow any smoke. He says it can happen then it can. Although, you gotta fling that little arrow true for it to count..

I will have the Omega down there, if ya need more firepower. We'll load your pockets w/ quarters so you don't get pushed around to bad on the recoil :lol:

Can't wait to get down there and met ya finally and do some qualiity hunting!

Fatty ;)

Prostaff.jpg

#24 sticknstring

sticknstring

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 07:42 PM

Matter a fact Marty, I've been trying to bid on a straight shooting T/C that 's up for sale in the hunting gear section of this forum!! Will claims its a good one! :lol: This would be my backup gun if I can get a winning bid in...although I appreciate your offering me the use of your Omega!! :lol: :lol:

Actually I'm dieing to sling an arrow now-I'm in the yard bullseyeing them at 40 yds. I want to set up a 50 & 60 yd pin..sigh, off season sux! I'm counting the days Marty!!

#25 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 10:02 PM

Although it really isn't a risk, as Richards resume speaks for himself. But we, as a group, are testing the waters for a possible group hunt down there in the future. I am confident it will be just awesome. Come on May 26th!

Fatty ;)

Prostaff.jpg

#26 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 09:03 PM

Review time:

ACTION OUTDOORS

Hondo Texas

ACCOMIDATIONS: 1 bunk house(sleeps 10), 2 manufacured homes(sleeps 4 each)

MEALS: bring your own and grill, all lodging has BBQ pits, refrig, stove etc or go out to the many restuarants in the area

QUALITY OF GAME: excellent, we took 4-5 top 10 animals on our hunt

QUANITY OF GAME: literally saw more animals then could count. I saw several blackbuck, mouflon, buffalo, water buffalo, yak, axis, fallow, barashinga, dybowski sika, japanese sika, aoudad, whitetails, hogs, hybrid- nubian- and persian Ibex, red stag, elk, red sheep, corsican, meriano, catalina, painted desert rams, texas Dall, elds deer, chinese water deer, brow antlered deer, jacobs, simitar horned oryx, Gemsbuck and addax. Not to mention seeing my 1st blue indigo snake.

TROPHY CARE: 2 taxidermist on site and a large walk in cooler on site

PRICE: very reasonable, attempts to allow any hunter to enjoy the ranch

GUIDES: top end, Richard and his staff are well equipped and well rounded for an experienced hunter to a first time and can assist any disabled hunter.

Notes:

I would recommend this outfitter to anyone, including all my friends. Get down there and prepare to be impressed.

Fatty ;)

Prostaff.jpg

#27 Blood Bath2006

Blood Bath2006

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 04:17 PM

They have call for price on EVERYTHING!!!! Usually when that happens they are expensive. What are the prices?
Posted Image
Sonic Pro Staff Shooter

#28 Whip

Whip

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:Long walks in the woods carrying heavy equpment in poor weather. I live to hunt...other than that I am a full-time PhD student in entomology.

Posted 19 August 2008 - 09:38 PM

This post is over 2 years old, but Action Outdoors is very, very reasonable on price compared to other exotic ranches is Texas. Call the owner, he will most likely work with you on package and group prices. There are several guys on this forum who have been there...I don't know any who were dissatisfied.
Sean Whipple
PSE staff
It's not a passion, it's an obsession. ~Mossy Oak

#29 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:38 PM

Been there twice. I will go back. Action Outdoors is extremely competitively priced and competent.

Only people who are serious about actually going, call.
Posted Image

#30 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 12:42 PM

Richard is way above the rest of the crowd down here, great animals and a firm hunting adventure. I will be going whenever possible till I get my diamond level for SCI

Prostaff.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users