Elkatraz 3

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 31 March 2006 - 06:01 AM

Alright, if this is gonna be our new home, i think we should get a good Elkatraz 3 thread going so we can get all the information back together and readily available to whomever needs access to it. So Ladies and Germs POST AWAY :D
Semper Fi

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 09:28 AM

Terry, Eric and I have put our applications in for a rifle cow Elk license. Neither of us can shoot a bow well enough to hit much more than the planet. My problem is a shoulder joint that will not let me shoot without pain anymore. We put in for a cow elk so everyone would know we were not comming just to shoot the bull :o) We have our fingers crossed on a successful draw. Who knows maybe one of us flatlanders will break the jinx and actually shoot one.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 paturbo

paturbo

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 01:30 PM

I would like to go, but I am waiting to see what my health will be like in two or three monts. Hopefully the treatments that I am taking will improve my walking and I will be up for the hunt. I sure would hate to see Ole Woody, Pa, Huck, Ron, Eric, Jack have to carry me into the woods. :yes: :rofl: ;)

MD

#4 HUNT

HUNT

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 04:27 PM

I will be doing the Muzzleloader thing but hope to stop in camp and meet you all and maybe help out and learn a few things.
HUNT SAFE & SMART

Put one in the engine room

#5 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 04 April 2006 - 05:20 AM

Paul, on your shoulder, you might consider talking to a physical therapist about some of the bands that you use for mobility exercises.. that might help get the shoulder back into shooting form. I can't think of what the name for them is, but i'm sure a physical therapist will... they are simple exercises that can help you out alot.
Semper Fi

#6 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 08:19 AM

Terry you may just be right but I fear that it is arthur-itis in there causing the pain. I could go have it checked out but with the recent health problems I have encountered it took a back seat. It does not appear to be a muscle related situation - more like a joint problem.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#7 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 11:46 AM

Paul something else i was thinking about is a bone spur, they can cause you alot of grief.
Semper Fi

#8 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 15 May 2006 - 07:57 PM

Is it Septober yet???

It's getting toward summer here, too hot already. I long for the cool mtns near Leadville...
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#9 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 05:53 PM

Silvertip i hear ya LOL just hopin i can save up the $$$$ to go LOL got a good start, just gotta see what all else comes up between now and then.
Semper Fi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users