#1 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 08:46 PM

Posted Image

I had a long story but when I posted the photo it deleted my story. Long story short.... This is my first ever bow kill & the first tag filled in 5 years since I took my first deer!! broadside at 15 yards from my little stool hidden behind a downed tree. God I love my scentlok suite!!

Edited by Whitetiger, 26 October 2006 - 08:50 PM.

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 09:18 PM

Hey Congratulations you tiger you.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 03:05 AM

Awesome Scott,
That's bringing the backstraps home for momma! ....but please post the rest of the story!
Posted Image

#4 ricfirefighter

ricfirefighter

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 07:22 AM

:D :hunter: :boone: :thumbsup: congrats

#5 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 08:26 AM

Man that's what I like to see a blue moon in her eyes, congrats! And of the ground too with a bow. I have been trying it and it's not very easy. Way to score Whitetiger :hunter:

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 27 October 2006 - 08:26 AM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#6 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 10:58 AM

I was sitting on my little stool hiding behind a fallen tree that was along a trail leading from a 100-yard wide shelf cut into the side of the mountain leading uphill to a saddle. This forms an elbow that?s coming off the mountain and swinging right. It?s real rocky, Billy goat country. The wind was blowing uphill since we had a north west wind. And I had a scent bomb in a tree in front of me, hoping a buck would be up in the saddle where there is a scrape line. I was sitting there for about 2 hours and hadn?t even seen a squirrel. This didn?t surprise me since I never see a deer here before the last 20 minutes of legal shooting. Then all I heard was CRUNCH? CRUNCH?CRUNCK? from behind me!! This was not good as there was a clear view of me from behind. It seemed like she took forever to come around the tree next beside me and when I realized she was going that way, I thought I was busted. She was walking downwind of me towards my scent bomb. When she hit my wind, she stopped for a moment with her head behind another tree so I shifted to prepare for the shot. When she stepped out, I had a 15- yard broadside shot. I hit a little high & she ran off downhill, toward my car, for about 100 yards before piling up. I waited 15 minutes before tracking her. Since this is a public park and requires a special permit. I had to watch my time. The park closes at sunset. I shot her at 5:50pm & legal time ended at 6:03pm. Tracking in failing light was annoying & I wasn?t about to leave her up there till morning. I had good blood sign for the first 50 yards then I lost it in thick cover. I saw a patch of white that I almost didn?t walk over to since some people dump garbage here illegally. But when I saw a leg sticking up in the air I changed my mind. She had rolled and was lying flat on her back against a rock. I had a 400-yard downhill drag to the car. I couldn?t stop shaking for about 10 minutes. I called my wife and kept beating my ear with my cell phone from shaking so bad. My brother in law was right when he said that I?d get so irked from waiting so long (5yrs) to fill a tag that I?d make the shot happen when it comes. I put her in the trunk & met my wife & niece at the other section of the park. They wanted to surprise me but couldn?t find me because I wasn?t where I said Id be since the wind was wrong there. On her way, she had a buck and some does run out in front of her, Leaving one of my hunting zones. The seasons heating up, the does are starting to get bumped around by bucks here. I?m stoked!! I?d like to thank God, Scentlok & Dead down wind for making this possible.

#7 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 11:48 AM

Fantastic story, very good, thanks for sharing that with us, man can I identify with the shaking part :D Congrats again.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#8 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 06:51 PM

Thanks for the pic and story. What else can one say to a tiger except Grrrrreat.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#9 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 06:55 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap: Way to go Scott. It took me 8 years of hunting with a bow before I got my first deer (doe). Scott I can tell you this I have been hunting with a bow since 1982 and have only killed 2 doe and one buck so you are doing much better than I. :lol:

Once again CONGRATULATIONS dude. :yes: ;) :cool: :hunter:
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#10 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 03:33 AM

Great story Scott !
That after-the-shot shaking may dwindle a little over the years, but don't count on it. (It's a Blessing in reality !) Taking a Whitetail with a bow from a ground blind set-up is an accomplishment . Congrats man ! :D
Posted Image

#11 sschneid73

sschneid73

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 12:16 PM

Congrats WT. The begining of many more.

Steve

#12 Spirithawk

Spirithawk