• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 05:44 PM

I decided to check a couple of the rifles today and make sure they were on at 100 yards. I wanted the Knight Wolverine LK-II and the White ready for the upcoming modern rifle season.

I tried two loads in the Knight. The first load was 100 grains of T-7 and a 240 grain XTP, swabbing every other shot. I was not real pleased with the group it shot, so I went back to my standard .430 Hornady XTP in a Harvester Crushed Rib green sabot with 85 grains of Goex 2f. I was much more pleased with that and decided that would be the hunting load for that rifle.

Posted Image

I then got the White Ultra Mag out and wanted to try the clean barrel shooting with it. After taping up the target and putting some stick on bulls eyes, I was ready to shoot at the same target. In fact I had to X out one of the hits since it was not from the White.

Posted Image

On a clean barrel protected by Sheath, it hit about 1/2 inch low and this was something I could live with. The one low shot in the center bull was a conical I do not think was sized. Normally the Bull Shop Conical can be loaded with easy two fingers. This one I had to FORCE down the barrel of my White. I later found another one like that in the 500 NEI batch.

Overall I am sure the White is ready. It is a shooter no matter what I seem to stuff down it. Normally it is sighted in for 70 yards. All I did was lay the cross hair on the top of the bull and squeeze the trigger. So there is a 1" drop on the distance. Nothing I can not deal with.

I was real surprised how well 85 grains of Triple Se7en 2f shot the 500 NEI conicals. It hit dead center in the bull so much that even though I had the little bull taped on, it disappeared. Seems to have a good thump too. Just over a 1" group with the 2f. Might be something to try.

Other then the two fliers from the conicals that were hard to load, the White did what it always does, shoots over and over without swabbing. Kind of a boring rifle actually, but nice when you have to go hunting.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 07:29 PM

Yessir I'd say you are ready to go. Watch out all you Wi deer Cayugad is ready for you this year. You have only one problem, you can't blame it on the rifle should you miss one though. Good Luck.

I have to get my flintlock out and do a little shooting with it but that season does not come in till after christmas. Now what do I use My RMC accusporter with a 1:28 twist or the 1:48 twist barrel or My old investarms. Aah the problems of a multiple stable.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 07:47 PM

I have a couple flintlocks and a hawkins I still want to check. That way I can use them in the urge comes on.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users