1 reply to this topic

#1 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 04:11 PM

Tradition's Yukon .50 caliber Black Powder Rifle

Have any of you seen this rifle? It looks real interesting. Of course it has a Spanish barrel but if that does not bother you, this rifle has a lot of features for the money.

I talked to two people about the rifle so far. One person bought one and says it shoots great and is very well balanced. He did mention the trigger as a little heavy, but that is something that can be fixed.

The other person said they saw one at a store and handled it. Said it seems well built, nothing fancy mind you, but real well balanced.

For that kind of money, it could make an excellent starter rifle. Load it with 100 grains of 2f and a 240 XTP and you should have a good venison maker there.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 10:15 PM

Looks like it may work. Sure hope it shoots better than the Traditions side lock percussion in my stable. I have done the JB Bore paste on the bore but borrowed the sights from it to put on one of my son's rifles and never got another set to put on it yet to shoot it.

If the owners keep their powder loads to 100 gr or less it looks pretty good and as you said the trigger is something that is workable.

I have been having so much fun with my Knight bighorn inline I have not paid much attention to new offerings.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users