#1 Dennis

Dennis

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 08:11 AM

Diana,
i'm picking up my new scope today 3 x 9 x 50 bushnell elite 3200to top off my winchester 30/06,, now i'm in need of a set of bushnell binos in the $150.00 price range .I primarly woods hunt whitetails some openings 150 yds at best ...what model would suit me best? :huh:
thanks
dennis

Edited by Dennis, 01 April 2006 - 08:12 AM.

Loving life, and taking things one day at a time..

#2 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 09:00 AM

what model would suit me best?

Duhhhh Dennis ones you can see through. :P :rofl: :rofl:

Dennis I will tell you don't go cheap. :no:
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#3 Dennis

Dennis

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 10:09 AM

I should have known, i should have known :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Eric would reply ..... :P

#4 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 10:22 AM

Dennis my wife bought a cheep set of Simons binos many years ago and I didn't have them more than 2 weeks and one of the lens's cracked so I went back to the store where she bought them and got them exchanged.

Well to make a long story short those got a cracked lens also.
I will never ever buy that brand again. :angry: <_<
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#5 WayneBizzle

WayneBizzle

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 08:49 PM

Dennis, the Legends aren't terribly expensive, and are possibly the best Bino's for the price of any made. Just my $.02
Posted Image

#6 DianaB

DianaB

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 02:04 PM

Hi Dennis:

Sorry I am slow to respond. My daughter is visiting from Louisiana and I have been with her and the baby as much as I can.

There are many things to think about besides pricing, such as: the usage, magnification, prism system, rolls up/twist down caps, coating...etc.

Off the top of my head I am thinking (yes, I do this occasionally) that there are a few that would work well. Give me a call sometime and we can go over various questions. I can also send you a catalog with all the specs. The ones that come to mind that would fit into your pricing are:

*Legend 134028, 8x42: Best $$ I found at Optics Planet: $249.00 (A little more than what you wanted to spend)

*Trophy 238042, 8x42: Approx: $115.00 (This is what I use)

*Trophy 230142, 10x42, (You will need a steady hand when you go 10 or above on magnification) Approx: $127.00, Oh I do have a pair of 10x42s Bausch and Lomb?s, but... I save them for the drag strip. :yes:

These all have Bak 4 roof prisms, twist up caps, waterproof and fully multi coated optics. For specifics such as FOV, eye relief, weight, etc... Give me a call.

Diana

800.423.3537, ext. 6141
Or
913.752.6141 (direct line)
Diana

The Adventure Awaits
!

#7 Dennis

Dennis

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 05:43 AM

Diana,
thanks , i found a friend of mine has a pr of the trophy 10 x 42's we tried them out this past week they are awesome , i think this is just the pr for me...medium size
and of course the price is great ..
Dennis :yes:

Edited by Dennis, 09 April 2006 - 05:54 AM.

#8 Geoff / TBow

Geoff / TBow

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 09:43 AM

Dennis,

I know this is an old post, but I just topped off my new Savage muzzleloader with a Bushnell Elite 3200 3 X 9 and my son got me a set of Bushnell 8 X 42 Trophy binocs for xmas. In Canuckistan, a set of Trophy bino's will run about $175. Since christmas, I've been sitting in the evenings watching the tube with my new binocs strapped around my neck and taking every opportunity to power in on the hunting shows (and the odd member of the opposite gender). Anyhow, my family think I'm nuts, but that's O.K. That way they're more apt to let me out to play in order to think that I'm regaining my sanity!!!!!!!! ;) :rolleyes:

Good to know someone else is on the same page as me.........well at least when it comes to equipment selection.

Geoff / TBow
Every day you`re fortunate enough to wake up breathing, is cause for celebration!

#9 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 07:27 PM

One other bino accessory I would highly reccommend is the Bino System from Crooked Horn Outfitters. The black ones cost about $20.00 but they are worth every penny. They distribute the bino weight from your neck to your shoulders and back. What good are binos if they get left at home or in the truck because they make your neck ache. Oh did I mention they keep the binos fairly tight to your chest and provide a little resistance when you raise them to look and seems to steady them. Can you tell I really like mine.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#10 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 02:06 PM

Agree with Paul, the Bino buddies are worth the change. Having a spinal injury it is nice to carry my binos painfree on those long hikes into the mountains.

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#11 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 04:19 PM

Larry$ gave me a set of those. Thanks again BTW. That's one of the most useful gifts I ever got!
Posted Image

#12 Dennis

Dennis

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 09:54 AM

Yep paul i purchased a set from crooked horn last yr and i really don't know how i ever done without them it sure does eleminate the swing as your walking with the old neck strap around ye neck....

#13 Woody

Woody

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 09:08 AM

Hey Dennis!!! My scope is a Bushnell 3200 Elie 3x9x40love it.
My Benocs are Vanguard 8x42 Waterproof coated ,they are great in low light and i also use the bino buddy !!!!! :thumbsup: :yes:
Posted Image
Woody, and the Queen
Woody's Knives and Leather

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users