• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 06:40 PM

I decided to shoot on of my original Renegade .54 caliber rifles. I have not shot this rifle in a couple months at least. I could not remember if this one was a 90 grain or 80 grain Renegade rifle so I guessed. I have four Renegades actually. I then loaded with 90 grains of Goex 2f and shot twice. They hit high. I then loaded with 80 grains of Goex 2f and a Speer roundball and the next two I was a little happier with.

Posted Image

This rifle was one that was actually abused by using bore butter and not knowing how to use the stuff. I had a terrible experience on hunting season with this rifle and a little five point. After that the bore butter came out and it has never seen bore butter since.

I actually tired a lot of different powders today and was having a good time. I shot some Pyrodex, Goex 3f, and Triple Se7en.

Posted Image

Overall the rifle did real good with the different powders. I really like the Goex 2f in 80 grains with this rifle and it is now taped on the stock about what powder charge this rifle likes. All this shooting was done at 50 yards, and that's about as far as I would need shoot at a deer with this rifle....
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#2 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 07:37 PM

I always loved the T/C Renegade. I use to shoot 120 grains FF with a maxi ball and 90 grains FF with a patched round ball. Both loads were dead on accurate. That old Renegade sure knew how to get the job done. By the way. I'm still trying to find out who sells the Buffalo Bullets I mentioned before. I emailed Outdoor Life. the mag the article was in, but have yet to get an answer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users