6 replies to this topic

#1 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 05:12 PM

its a 44 cal black powder pistol brass framework(handle and up around the hammer) wood grip its in great shape the markings that are on it on left side (left as you would be aiming to shoot) says black powder only 44 cal. on the right side(as you would be aiming to shoot) it says fllietta made in italy I have the serial number too trying to find out about when it was made and some history on it dont know if its a kit or something that may be worth something Ill try and get a pic on here within the next couple days

Edited by irinman2424, 14 November 2006 - 05:13 PM.

I believe in fillet and release!

Posted Image

#2 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 05:19 PM

ok so this is what Ive found it looks identicle to the navy on this page http://www.pietta.it/index_2.htm just would like to see what its worth and get a year of production on it if I can

Posted Image

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 09:47 PM

I researched three books on gun values but did not find that manufacturer listed. Sorry I can't help.

After reading the above website it sounds like it should be a well made replica. If made with all the hand work they claim it may be worth a little or a lot but you already knew that.

Edited by PA RIDGE RUNNER, 14 November 2006 - 09:51 PM.

If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#4 mzlloader

mzlloader

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 628 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 09:01 AM

send me as much info as you can, I will foward it to my brother, he is a gunsmith and hunts with all pistols, maybe he can dig some thing up on it,

R L
Trophy Hunting: Its not about the Size of the Trophy, But the Memories and Experince Of the Hunt That count, SCOUTS OUT,

www.arizonaoutfitter.com

#5 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 11:26 AM

I found out it is a replica and you can get them for about 160 so nothing special but it is a smooth shooter though

Posted Image

#6 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 06:06 PM

A lot of cap and ball replicas are made in Italy. Some better than others. If you intend to shoot it make darn sure you eighther use the felt pads between powder and ball or grease the loaded cylinders to keep it from chamber firing. That's when a spark from the fired chamber arcs over and ignites another chamber. Trust me, it's not pretty when that happens. Imagine holding on to a handgrenade when it goes off and you'll get the picture. Do it safely and they are a lot of fun to shoot and surprisingly accurate too.

#7 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 09:52 AM

last weekend we went out squirrel hunting and I did put a few rounds through it. used bore butter to seal the other cylenders and it was a real smooth shooter thought it was going to give me a bit of a kick but it didnt but for the price Im not going to complain one bit found a site that you can order them from they are about 169 got mine for oops 0 :lol: employees husband didnt want to fool with it so he gave it to me it was his grandfathers he said and when he passed it went to him I told him if he ever wanted it back to let me know

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users