• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 12:48 PM

I went out again this morning and walked trails to see if I could figure routes of them deer. I might have something working good this year.

Posted Image

I put this outhouse blind up. It overlooks two trails that cross a creek. For those that never used an outhouse blind, they have to be about the easiest thing in the world to set up. They do not even give instructions to set it up, only take it down. You set it on the ground give it a shake, and it pops right up.

I cut this open road back into the marsh to give the deer a place to walk with less things in their way. I like the idea of giving them a nice open place to gather and talk. I'm just that nice a guy. Also I can use the cedar and black ash trees back at the house.

Posted Image

This is right were the two trails cross. It is 47 yards from the outhouse blind. I walked out three different tracks, but this big track in the picture and that power dump he took, caught my interest. Last week, I tracked him over a mile through the marsh but never could get a look at him.

Posted Image

That is looking up the one deer trail to the creek. Not a place you want to wander into in late afternoon or evening. Good place to get lost and brake an ankle... I never try to get caught after dark in there. It is wet, cold, and just not a nice place to spend the night.

Overall I think with the White Ultra Mag at 47 yards, I might stand a chance, should that big boy come out to play. Friday, I am going to go back in there and set out some scent bombs but not open them until Saturday morning. I can shoot a buck and a doe, and this is our modern season, but I will still use the White. If I get a buck then I want to stalk hunt the rest of the season with a bunch of different rifles, but I do want to get the White bloody...
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#2 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 02:40 PM

Great job scouting. I hope you fill your tags.

#3 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 15 November 2006 - 05:17 PM

:thumbsup: Looks good. Go get em.

#4 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 05:27 PM

Man Cayugad I want to come up and hunt with you someday. :yes:

Great pics, I think you are on to some great hunting there. :yes:
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#5 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 06:40 PM

Yep sure looks like a downtown intersection in deer city. Sure glad you are going to patrol that major highway with the white. It should do you good on population control. You are right though that place looks kind of thick. The kind of place you will see them but not hear much.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#6 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 07:30 PM

Yep sure looks like a downtown intersection in deer city. Sure glad you are going to patrol that major highway with the white. It should do you good on population control. You are right though that place looks kind of thick. The kind of place you will see them but not hear much.

exactly... could not have said it better. Once you leave my property you have miles and miles of federal forest to wander around on.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users