4 replies to this topic

#1 J Gabel

J Gabel

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 08:49 PM

Have the chance to purchase a Glock 9MM.
The gun is only two years old. Havent seen or held it yet.
The owner is looking to buy something of a larger caliber.
He is a friend at work and said he would sell it to me for $300 or a little less.
He said he has only shot 2 1/2 boxes through it since he bought it new two years ago.
I know nothing about this gun.
Is this a good deal and a good gun?

#2 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 08:52 PM

after you check it out, then I'd say yes.

#3 ricfirefighter

ricfirefighter

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 09:21 PM

good deal if its in good shape

#4 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 12:25 PM

The price is good, not a steal but good. The number of rounds thru the gun really has no weight in this. I shot 1000's of rounds thru my Glock and trusted my life to it.

Questions could be easily answered by asking to take it to a gunsmith and pay the $$ to have him look at it. Ie: barrell wear and tear, ejectors and springs in working order. He should allow this to be done.

I would ask the local police to run the serial number NCIC, to make sure the gun isn't wanted or stolen--This is CYA regardless of friendships.

I liked my Glock, the 9mm version is alittle small in a big hand, so you may find yourseld regripping the gun on multipe shoot senerios. It fits well into most womens hands and in mine it disappeared.

The 9mm is not a great round for stopping power, but a fun plinking gun and desent home protection.

Remember the Glock is not a good round around kids, there are really not safety on it, a semi-auto revolver in my opinion. If my gun was brought home it was in the safe or broke down. Glocks are very easy to break down and put back togeather.

Good luck

Fatty

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#5 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 05:47 PM

My youngest son Rick owns a 9mm but it is a Ruger. I shot it and it does shoot very well. I have to agree after shooting my contender in 41 mag the 9mm seemed a little light.

I own very few rifles or handguns that I can't take into the field hunting. In PA we cannot use a semi auto rifle or handgun to hunt with.

Edited by PA RIDGE RUNNER, 16 November 2006 - 05:50 PM.

If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users