• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 12:12 PM

Yep it begins Monday and lasts for 2 weeks. Since it is both buck and doe we sometimes call it Deer wars. We have a fair population of deer and a whole lot of hunters so it sometimes sounds like a war out there.

Phil, Whistle Pig, Woodhick, Eric and I will be together along with several more camp members. We have seen several nice bucks so we are all excited at the opportunity.

With a little luck there may be some posts and pics of happy hunters.

Good luck and safety to the rest of you PA hunters.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 sschneid73

sschneid73

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 12:46 PM

Paul and others may GOD bless your hunt and keep all of you safe in the deer war zone. Have a great time. Hey by the way some one was telling me that there is an antler limit on the size of buck you can take there in PA. True or not? He is from there but serving in the airforce stationed here at Offut air base. He told me that it has to have at least 4 points. Now he didn't specify if a 4x4 or just 4 points. I think that is a great management tool if that is true.

Steve

#3 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 01:00 PM

It's true Steve.
Antler restrictions are at least 3 points on one antler in a majority of the state and at least 4 points on one antler in certian management units. Our camp is the 3 point unit and the family farm is in the 4 point. Believe it or not I see much bigger buck in the 3 point areas. ;)
Posted Image

#4 Dennis

Dennis

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 07:48 PM

Goodluck Guys go gettum , hope you harvest a bigun ....

Loving life, and taking things one day at a time..

#5 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 08:30 PM

Good luck guys. I have to work on opening day starting at 10am so I'll be out for like 2 hrs. then an hour after work on tuesday and a full day hunt on thursday. God bless us all. keep safe, be bullet proof during the deer war and when the day is done, may our freezers be full.

#6 paturbo

paturbo

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 10:37 PM

As always I hope you have a safe trip to camp and a safe hunt. Second I wish you all great luck. Hope you all get a big one.

God Bless,
MD

#7 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 10:36 AM

Good luck buddy. Hope you get a nice one but most of all that you have a safe and wonderful time shared with freinds. :yes:

#8 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 11:17 AM

I hope you guys have a successfull season. Be safe and shoot straight.

Fatty ;)

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#9 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 07:48 PM

Well from what I heard today the war was not much more than a skirmish. Phil did get a very nice 8 point on our last drive today, as a matter of fact I think it was our only drive. Although something really strange happend to my son and I this morning. It's his first year at deer camp and the ripe age of 12. We were sitting in the stand and heard a cow elk call and then heard a bull bugle not once but five times in the next two hours. We never saw him but what a thrill to hear that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users