1 reply to this topic

#1 sschneid73

sschneid73

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 07:28 AM

Opening day on the 1st. My brother-in-law Bob, and myself went out to one of my favorite spots. We were sitting along the Missouri river hidden in a group of trees surrounded by a harvested corn field. This is a mojor food source for the deer in that area and the field we were sitting in is the honey hole. I am the only one who can hunt here. At 4:00 a nice buck came out to feed. A little to small for us to take as I wanted to put Bob on a nice deer. Then at 4:45 the field erupted. A very nice 4x4 shooter walked out at about 100yrds with 2 does but the does spotted us and they bolted before we could shoot. Several other deer were in the field but we were on the oppisite end of where they were feeding. Approx 500 yrds. So tonight we are going to set up on the other end of the field where we saw the majority. The only thing is is that there is no bad place to sit and deer come out from everywhere. I only have 2 doe tags and still have my bow tag for a buck to fill. I want Bob to take a nice one first as this is his only second year of deer hunting. I got both of my brother-in-laws hooked. :rofl: I enjoy more watching someone else get a nice animal than myself.

Steve

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 07:13 PM

Thank you also for sharing your spots with them.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users