• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 05:56 PM

I recall a couple of years ago that I believe it was Christianson Arms built a carbon barrel and it was advertised rather heavily. Haven't seen or heard an ad for them for a couple of years and was wondering about it. Has anyone seen or heard about them lately?
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 07:18 PM

I believe you can still get a rifle custom built with a Christiansarms barrel from Z-hat.

Z-Hat

Not cheap, but they can do it.

If you want a custom rifle look real real hard at the 338 Hawk wildcat. It's essentially a 338-06 which makes you think so what. But look at the performance that cartridge offers over the standard 30-06! Then compare it to a 338 Win Mag. It's a real eye opener. ;)
Posted Image

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 10:19 AM

Leo At the moment I have several "Custom" rifles and the bank balance says absolutely not. I just remembered of seeing these rifle barrels highly advertised several years ago and have not seen anything lately and was wondering if those barrels didn't work out as advertised.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#4 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 09:03 AM

Leo At the moment I have several "Custom" rifles and the bank balance says absolutely not. I just remembered of seeing these rifle barrels highly advertised several years ago and have not seen anything lately and was wondering if those barrels didn't work out as advertised.

I know one guy who had one. This guy is quite a good shot.

However, he couldn't shoot his carbon barreled rifle worth a darn. I don't believe is was because the rifle was made inaccurate by using the carbon wrapped barrel. I think it was just because rifles with them end up being incredibly light. It is much more difficult to shoot a very light rifle accurately. Not that light rifles won't shoot, they will. It's just tougher to be more consistent with them.
Posted Image

#5 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 28 September 2007 - 04:58 PM

I recall a couple of years ago that I believe it was Christianson Arms built a carbon barrel and it was advertised rather heavily. Haven't seen or heard an ad for them for a couple of years and was wondering about it. Has anyone seen or heard about them lately?

They still are on one of my outdoor tv channels. Still one of the really good hunting shows but I rarely get to see it.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users