1 reply to this topic

#1 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 01:45 PM

I usually will jerky what is left of my elk steaks from the year before and bring about 5lbs of dried jerky to elk camp. We all divy it evenly and carry it in our daypacks for a good light sorce of protein for the long hikes chasing Wapiti.

Someone will also bring either elk or buffalo burger for camp and we'll make them 1lb burgers for campfire chat after the long day--that my friends is Yummy.

A quick story:

My best friend, now passed on, was bow hunting elk chewing on my jerky as he walked thru the timber. Up sat a great black bear, I know him I'd been chasing him for years , he is a pig! Chad got pretty nervous as he was 10 yards from the bear, who couldn't see him but could smell something wasn't right. His reply was "your jerky almost got me killed and you owe me a pair of shorts!" LOL

Good times..

Marty

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#2 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:02 PM

I usually will jerky what is left of my elk steaks from the year before and bring about 5lbs of dried jerky to elk camp. We all divy it evenly and carry it in our daypacks for a good light sorce of protein for the long hikes chasing Wapiti.

Someone will also bring either elk or buffalo burger for camp and we'll make them 1lb burgers for campfire chat after the long day--that my friends is Yummy.

A quick story:

My best friend, now passed on, was bow hunting elk chewing on my jerky as he walked thru the timber. Up sat a great black bear, I know him I'd been chasing him for years , he is a pig! Chad got pretty nervous as he was 10 yards from the bear, who couldn't see him but could smell something wasn't right. His reply was "your jerky almost got me killed and you owe me a pair of shorts!" LOL

Good times..

Marty

Care to share the recipe??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users