#1 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 07:55 PM

Justin Charles hunting clothes

I saw this being advertised and I was not aware of it before this. Mathews has a line of hunting clothes called Justin Charles. Very high high quality and very top dollars stuff. let's here your opinion. :huh:
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#2 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 09:36 AM

Ridiculous prices!!! You have to laugh at hunting pants that cost over $200.00. What are we coming to? It's like dressing your teenage daughter for the prom just to step into the woods. The American lust for the newest, bestest, fanciest name brand will sell these clothes, but not in my closet. I'll wait until they show up on SierraTradingPost.com ;) The most successful hunters I know do not rely on shiny new wama-jama clothes with absurd price tags. Let me emphasize absurd! But like P.T. Barnum said, "There's a sucker born every minute".

Oh wait, they're Mathews clothing. I guess they're worth half a months pay for an outfit after all. :rolleyes:

Puh-LEEEEEEEEZZZEEEEEE!!!!
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 09:43 AM

Larry you're said right! I'm with you - I was knocked out of my chair when I checked out the website. I like Mathews archery stuff but this doesn't even come close to other hunting apparell in my opinion. Sierra has got my email and money plenty of times and will before I buy any of this stuff.

I had to give you guys some sticker shock for the holiday season. :lol:

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 10 December 2006 - 10:08 PM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 09 December 2006 - 09:30 PM

ok larry...ya got me...for christmas you can just get me the
Quiet Camo Hunting Jacket
its only 325.00 :)

thanks bud...your ho ho's will be waiting LOL
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#5 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 07:16 AM

I really like the pants with the Sims Vibration dampner built into the backside for quieter stalking :o . The Drop-away zipper should work well for contact free release in close situations(an hour after guzzling 32ozs. of coffee) :P
I'm with Larry on the bigger/bestest thingy! :wacko:
Posted Image

#6 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 10 December 2006 - 07:30 AM

but ya know, when you were a kid, and got new shoes you could run faster and jump higher ....these make ya shoot better :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#7 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 09:08 AM

Ya've ruint me Bruce. If I keep eating those dang ho-ho's I'll HAVE to buy a new pair of hunting pants. You know, the stretchy kind with no belt or buttons. :o I think they're called camoflage moo-moo or something like that. :blink:

#8 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 09:02 PM

hmmm don't blame me for your girlish figure that is looking 8 months along.
you get ho ho's once maybe twice a year from Dakota :)
must have something to do with being an offical taste tester for chef mel :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#9 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 10 December 2006 - 09:48 PM

Those clothes remind me of Beretta's line of clothing. $450 for a coat that is the same as Cabela's $100 stuff just because it says Beretta on it :wacko:
-Eric

#10 mudduck

mudduck

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:Interested in almost everything, unless it bores me, then I'm not interested anymore

Posted 14 December 2006 - 10:10 AM

I'd have to try them on first before I bought them. I'm thinking those bibs might make my butt look big :rofl:

#11 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 08:33 AM

I'd have to try them on first before I bought them. I'm thinking those bibs might make my butt look big

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

#12 nontypical3

nontypical3

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 06:51 PM

I cant see paying that price :huh: They dont even have scent-lok. For the price of both pant and coat you could afford a hunt for something .....someplace :wacko:

#13 Kurt

Kurt

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 09:07 AM

Not to be picking on other peoples products because nothing is perfect but did you see that they sewed the camo on sideways? The trees are parallel to the ground. You wouldn't expect that for such pricey gear.

Kurt

#14 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 01:42 PM

:lol: I didn't see that until you mentioned it Kurt.

#15 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 09:45 PM

Now that's funny right there!!!! I don't care who you are.

Good catch there Kurt.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users