#1 Kurt

Kurt

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 08:24 PM

Hi Guys,

What is your vote for the best electronic coyote call?

Kurt

#2 BrandonT

BrandonT

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 208 posts
  • Interests:Anything outdoors!

Posted 16 August 2007 - 07:51 PM

I have a Cass Creek Nomad predator call. One of those with the remote that you can get at Bass Pro. I'm sure just about any sporting goods store or something like that has them. But I know it works pretty good on coyotes as well as bobcats out here. First time I used it, within 10 minutes I had a bobcat called in. You can get two or three of the "bases" and make a moving type sound where it plays from one unit to the other, making it sound like the sound is moving. It's my favorite way of calling in predators. Of course, if you are sitting at Sonic and there's a dog in the back of a truck anywhere around, it can be used for some cheap entertainment! LOL But that's a whole different story! :)
BrandonT

#3 Ryan

Ryan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:I like to hunt everything i can

Posted 01 August 2008 - 09:59 PM

hey i will say the more you use the same call in one area the smarter you will make them so get new spots and get as many calls as you can i like foxpro dying crow it works for me in my area. good luck

#4 davepross54

davepross54

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 06:50 AM

I'm interested in the answers as well. in the old days I used the dying rabbit hand held mouth call. it worked well on fox, the coyotes are seen frequently these days I'm when hunting I've never tried hunting yotes but it sounds like a blast

dave

#5 Whip

Whip

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:Long walks in the woods carrying heavy equpment in poor weather. I live to hunt...other than that I am a full-time PhD student in entomology.

Posted 08 August 2008 - 06:56 PM

Foxpro....hands down. I have taken hundreds of coyotes this year (it's my job), and I would use no other electronic call. To be truthful though I prefer mouth blown calls.
Sean Whipple
PSE staff
It's not a passion, it's an obsession. ~Mossy Oak

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users