10 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 08:45 AM

Ok, I know it's a ways off yet, I'm just not a Winter person ok :lol: , but anyone else already thinking about Spring Turkey Season? I'm already thinking bout warmer weather and chasing after the boss gobbler we've been after for 3 years. Think next Spring is gonna be his last. He's so darn big I just want the chance to weigh him. :lol: Putting him in the smoker would be icing on the cake. ;) :yes:

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 10:32 AM

With the spring like weather here - it's 62 degrees here today and it's been in the 50's all week- turkeys have been on my mind too. This year I'm putting some added effort to get out in the turkey woods.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#3 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 12:47 PM

I love winter and it has been snowing for a couple days straight here. But, I am looking forward to Spring Turkey------and bear and exotics and .......... :o)

Fatty

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#4 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 05:52 PM

I have been thinking about wild turkey hunting for the past several days too. We still have a deer season here to go. It is a flintlock season but we will be also scouting for turkeys.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#5 Ironranger

Ironranger

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 11:43 PM

I'm getting pumped already and we've got a long winter ahead!! We just put in for Minnesota and Wisconsin which we normally get drawn for both tags. It gives us 5 days for each state but I tend to go out close to home with camera and camo quite a few mornings each spring while waiting for my hunts to come. Most people think I'm nuts for getting up at 4:40am to go call turkeys when I'm not hunting but to me there isn't any better way to start a day. Makes me feel alive. I hate to say it as I don't really like to wish any more time off the calendar but "Hurry up Spring"...

#6 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 07:11 PM

I'm pretty luck. I only have to walk across the road to go turkey hunting. A Spring morning with a slight overcast and a distant rumble of thunder, a big tom sounding off and a Mossberg 835 pump. What more could a guy ask for? :D

#7 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 08:49 PM

Man when you were well enough I may just stop by and drag you to Totoville Kansas (Topeka) and show you what turkey heaven is all about. I have had to pick which one I wanted to shoot out of 4 or 5. Man I am ready right now all my calls, some shells, camo hat, face net and decoys are in my turkey vest. Boy there you go Norm getting me all strutted up and it isn't even Christmas yet plus I haven't done my annual complete tear down and thorough cleaning of my turkey gun yet. Aaw man my tail fan is full spread and I can't sit down. :rofl:
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#8 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 11:36 AM

Dang Paul, if you stopped by I just might have to go with ya. Yeppers! Turkey hunting is becomeing my favorite thing to do. Now just calm down, take a deep breath, quit thinking of turkeys quite so much and concentrate on apple butter and you'll be able to sit again. At least long enough to eat a bisquit or two. ;) :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

#9 ricfirefighter

ricfirefighter

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 10:32 PM

when we goin Paul :D my dad and grandparents still live there need to go visit

#10 WayneBizzle

WayneBizzle

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 08:28 AM

Thinking about it everyday. Gonna give the bow a try this year.
Posted Image

#11 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 12:50 PM

:yes: Yep I can't wait till the season starts. I am taking the second week of the PA season off again this year and hunting with PA. B)
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users