Sims S-coil

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 03 April 2006 - 10:10 AM

I have been shooting a sims S-coil stabalizer for about a year now, it's great on vibration and shock, but tends to be just a hair too light for my tastes, but that's why i custom built a piece to add onto it LOL
Semper Fi

#2 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 03:40 PM

I have the s coil too. I like it alot. there was a big difference when i put it on my pse beast. I dont shoot with my quiver on so its just right for my bow.

#3 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 03 April 2006 - 05:58 PM

WT, bubba, i'll tell ya, the conglomeration i built to add onto it, you wouldn't believe, but i promise it works, and it's simple to build. Who knows if you show up at E3, you might be tryin to talk me out of it by the end of the hunt LOL
Semper Fi

#4 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 03 April 2006 - 07:09 PM

I have an S-coil on my bow. But it isnt the regular size, its a mini one.

YOU can kinda tell the difference in this pic, I went to the Sims website and I couldnt even find it :huh:

Posted Image
-Eric

#5 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 07:10 PM

Man that pic is HUGE!! :lol:

Run
-Eric

#6 FrankSr

FrankSr

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 07:36 PM

he was hoping you would not notice the Fred Bear on it.

#7 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 08:36 PM

Run you could use that pic for wall paper. I resize all my pics to approx 640 X 480 before posting online.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#8 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 06:51 PM

Frank Sr i resemble that remark, i shoot a Fred Bear too, and i'll tell ya i'm pretty darn good with it too LOL get as much penetration on the 3D's as the guys shooting Mathews, Bowtech and Hoyt, so i can't kick on it LOL :D
Semper Fi

#9 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 08:09 PM

Run you could use that pic for wall paper. I resize all my pics to approx 640 X 480 before posting online.

Yeah, sorry Its so big :( . I'll see if I can figure out how to sesize pics for next time.

Run
-Eric

#10 WayneBizzle

WayneBizzle

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 02:53 PM

I just ordered the Deluxe model Lore Stabilizer. It fols up to make more room in the case. I saw a review on another forum and it looke to work pretty well.
Posted Image

#11 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 09:44 AM

I have been using it on my bow setup. I think the lightness and short profile is great plus the shock and noise reduction. I put in the screw hole opposite the front stabilizer another sims product like a single module or the enhancer for more balance plus more noise reduction. The bow sits vertical in my hand without any lean forward from the weight of the front stabilizer using the rear stabilizer with it. I like the way that feels with a loose grip.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#12 Bowdoc Jim

Bowdoc Jim

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 12:43 PM

working in a store with just about all archery has to offer I have been able to try many different types of stablizers over the past year or so. The best in my opion for the money is the S-Coil by Simms. It seems to dampen the most vibration for the money.

It may not be the most accurate for your set up. That is where you need to go to a shop and try everyone they have to offer and see which works best for you and your setup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users