26 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 06:27 PM

I know where a lot of you all are from, and most have it on your profiles, but thought it might be interesting to have a post that listed each others state and home town, or where in Canuck Land ya live, and maybe the #1 animal hunted in your area. I'm in Branson Missouri and Whitetail Deer tops the list followed closely by Turkey. Think it would be cool to have a map with a pin in it for each member. :yes: Hey, I'm bored ok? :lol: :lol:

Edited by Spirithawk, 22 December 2006 - 06:35 PM.

#2 Woody

Woody

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 06:52 PM

on an acreage NW of Edmonton Alberta Canada!

when it comes to Hunting
Whitetail tops the list Blackbear a close second!

Thanx Norm great idea! :) :yes:

Edited by Woody, 23 December 2006 - 10:30 AM.

Posted Image
Woody, and the Queen
Woody's Knives and Leather

#3 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 07:03 PM

Laramie Wyoming, the SE corner just above Colorado.

Wyoming has alot to offer the hunter:

Whitetails, mule deer, elk, antelope, black bear, mountain lion, bobcats, moose, bighorn sheep, mountain goats, merrian turkey, cototes and foxes.

Non huntable species in Wyoming are wolverine, wolves, lynx and grizzly

I have grown quite fond of hunting our antelope and muley bucks..

Fatty ;)

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#4 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 22 December 2006 - 07:29 PM

I live in Geneva, MInnesota. Abount 100 miles south of Minneapolis and about 40 miles north of the Iowa border. Whitetail deer are probably the most hunted animal here after Pheasant at least around here. I know alot of local guys who only hunt deer. That's becaue we have tons of deer here. I live right where the black dot is, right along 35
Posted Image
-Eric

#5 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 08:33 PM

I live in Central PA about 8 miles East of Bellefonte, PA. This is the ridge and valley area of PA. If you drew an X through PA I live very close to where the lines cross. To over 1 million PA hunters the whitetail is king.

Spirithawk you are fortunate most folks do not know if they are punched or bored :lol:
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#6 paturbo

paturbo

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 09:30 PM

I live in Western Maryland just out side of the Queen City named Cumberland. I live in a community called Oldtown.

Here also the Whitetail deer is king and then followed by the Wild Turkey. We also have good numbers of squirrels, rabbit, and now bear hunting has been allowed the last two years.

Md

#7 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 09:38 PM

Home of Ohio State University and the capitol of Ohio, Columbus named after the discoverer of this great land. Yep Woody drove right on through here once upon a time and several others here have made their way through this little big town..

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 22 December 2006 - 09:39 PM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#8 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 22 December 2006 - 10:02 PM

south park Colorado, yes the home of the creator of the mtv show South Park. :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#9 ricfirefighter

ricfirefighter

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 10:27 PM

Rapid City SD for SD it is probable pheasant but i love to hunt muleys

#10 7pointbuck

7pointbuck

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:bowhunting, muzzleloading, riding atvs, fishing, going to church, and my family and friends!

Posted 22 December 2006 - 11:00 PM

western north carolina for me ,hendersonville about 25 minutes southeast of asheville we are located right on the nc/sc border.whitetail and bear hunting are the most popular here with turkey and wild boar at a close second.we have some of the best mountain trout fishing anywhere. my favorite is whitetail though! B)

Bill

Edited by 7pointbuck, 22 December 2006 - 11:01 PM.

"My Freezer is a wildlife preserve!!!"

#11 Hatchet Jack

Hatchet Jack

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 11:24 PM

I'm about 8 miles north of Bedford, Indiana...'bout 20 minutes south of IU - Indiana University of Bloomington, Indiana.

Whitetail is without a doubt the number 1 game animal, turkeys a close second. We have squirrels, rabbits, quail, ducks, geese, foxes, 'yotes, grouse,...typical midwestern table fare.

My personal favorite is whitetail closely followed by turkeys - all with the bow and arrow. The rest is all filler.
"The Lord bless and keep you. The Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace." Num 6:24-26

#12 Ironranger

Ironranger

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 11:39 PM

Grew up in NE Minnesota in a town called Babbitt which is about 36 miles from Canada. Wonderful place to grow up and I always enjoy going home...

#13 tomscheland

tomscheland

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 01:02 AM

well i live in PARIS, tennessee that is :lol: :lol: , i can't really say if deer is #1 here or waterfowling, lots of ducks and geese on this side of the state...for me it's whitetails as most if not all of you know.....which have lot's of squirrels, and rabbits also but they are not hunted as much now as they used to be...oh yea turkey is up there among the whitetails and the waterfowl...
D.H.N.A.
N.R.A.

#14 Dennis

Dennis

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 05:37 AM

I live in the blue grass state of Kentucky , Vine Grove thats the town ..
1) whitetail deer
2) turkey

Loving life, and taking things one day at a time..

#15 sschneid73

sschneid73

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 07:31 AM

Omaha, Nebraska. Born and raised. Recently the no. one thing hunted and shot are gang members. It has become increasingly dangerous to be in certain parts of town anymore. Police are frustrated and over stressed. Thats what my little brother tells me anyway. He is on the Omaha police force. That is all we hear on the news anymore anyway about another murder and gang related shooting. Well besides that animal wise deer and duck hunting are close and then turkey and upland game a close second. Hey Bill my wife's aunt and uncle live in Hendersonville. Janet and Allen Overgaard. Tommy Tolles also lives close by who is a pro golfer friend of mine. I suppose you don't know them do you?

Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users