26 replies to this topic

#16 RobertR

RobertR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 312 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 08:19 AM

Well the secret is out because woody has been here :rofl:

Glen, Montana in the southwest corner of the state. We have about anything that you can hunt. Me I'm a whitetail nutcase.
Posted Image
I'M NOT AFRAID OF COMMITMENT I'VE BEEN HUNTING AND FISHING MY WHOLE LIFE!
Montana Hunting Discovering Montana

#17 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 08:41 AM

I live in Allentown PA only 20-30 minutes from the delaware river (PA/NJ state boarder) I spend all fall chasing whitetails. I like turkey hunting if its not at the local state game lands (sgl-205) because of the idiots that shoot at me or stalk me. I like pheasant to but i have no dog and no hunting partner and the game commission cut stocks back by 50% so its even harder to kick up a bird by my lonesome that is if theres any left when i get there.

#18 Fossil

Fossil

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,fishing and rockhounding..............

Posted 23 December 2006 - 09:01 AM

Antler,North Dakota,population 23..................
Posted Image

God,family and friends-What else is there..................

#19 Joe

Joe

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 09:08 AM

Louisville, Kentucky I would say thet either whitetail deer or dove is the most popular just going by opening day participation.
MR300WM

#20 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 09:29 AM

I live in Central PA about 8 miles East of Bellefonte, PA. This is the ridge and valley area of PA. If you drew an X through PA I live very close to where the lines cross. To over 1 million PA hunters the whitetail is king.

SpiritHawk since my wife and I bought my Greatgrandfathers house I live 1 trailer and 1 house from HIM. :lol: :lol:

And I'm like everyone else WHITETAIL'S the KING.
And TURKEY is the prince. B)
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#21 Geoff / TBow

Geoff / TBow

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 09:54 AM

I live in the southeastern corner of Ontario, Canuckistan. I'm just 50 minutes south of the nation's capital, Ottawa, although that's nothing I'm braggin' about! :wacko:

I live in a small town of 4000 people, right on the shores of the mighty St.Lawrence River. My office at work overlooks what I believe to be the greatest river in the world, and starin' right square at the Unites States of America which is a mere 1 mile to the south. You can walk there in the winter when the river freezes over, but you got'ta be a great swimmer to do 'er in the summer.

Whitetails are the most populated of the big game and likely the most hunted. But for those of us who take to the woods of northern Ontario for Bullwinkle every fall, I'd have to say that those palmated beheamoths are the number one big game animal, at least if heart felt excitement counts for anything. Our black bear population is close to, if not the undisputed king in north america, but the Ontario government's decision to cancel the spring bear hunt several years ago, virtually devastated the black bear hunt in this province. If you like hunting waterfowl, particularly geese, then Ontario will fit the number 1 bill in your books. "Lord tunderin' me son, dere's tousands and tousands upon tousands o'dem!" Those big canada geese flocks will give a good combine a run for her money in cleaning off a cultivated field!

Geoff / TBow
Every day you`re fortunate enough to wake up breathing, is cause for celebration!

#22 FrankSr

FrankSr

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 07:18 PM

I reside in Springfield, Ohio. It sits between Columbus and Dayton Ohio. I guess the #1 animal hunted here is Whitetail. We do have a Goose and Duck that seems to be popular with some hunters. We have coyotes too but it is hard to get them they are shy.

#23 sticknstring

sticknstring

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 08:22 PM

I call the great state of Texas home! I live in a small town called Pflugerville, 15 minutes north of our state capital, Austin.
In a state that is approx. 1,200 miles N. to S. and 1,200 miles east -west-it has alot to offer for the sportsman. whitetail deer is king! With everything(too long to list)native or non native, coming in close second!
I, hands down, love to hunt whitetail!-preferably with a bow. Free-ranging/low fence exotics (axis tops my list these days) are second for me.

#24 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 08:57 PM

I live in the Pine Creek Valley of north central Pa. Most people get all excited about deer hunting and so do I but if I can be in the woods doing almost anything I am very happy.

#25 WayneBizzle

WayneBizzle

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 11:52 AM

Gray, Louisiana. We are approximately 50 miles WSW of New Orleans.

In south Louisisna, if it moves, it is hunted with equal enthusiasm. :yes:
Posted Image

#26 iamyourhuckleberry

iamyourhuckleberry

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 944 posts

Posted 25 December 2006 - 11:51 AM

Well, the wife has told me my home is in Eire, Colorado (my heart is in the mountains-I have second homes there).

Colorado is home to ten big game species and countless small game species. I try as often as possible to hunt them all.

My door is always open................!
Posted Image

Lurking in McDonalds near you!

Confidence makes the hunter, PSE makes the bow.

#27 BrandonT

BrandonT

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 208 posts
  • Interests:Anything outdoors!

Posted 25 December 2006 - 09:53 PM

Well, I now live in Baird, Texas. About 20 miles East of Abilene. Deer is probably number one, followed by either hogs or turkey, then all the small game and varmints, which we call the "spotlightable stuff." They get that name because, well you guessed it, they are legal to spotlight for at night. lol. Good way to pass those summer nights when it's fairly warm, or if you are like us, a good way to pass the freezing cold nights also. LOL
BrandonT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users