Brace height 7?
Axle to Axle length 33?
Draw length 25-30? 25 ?? to 291/2?
Draw weight 40, 50, 60, 70
Riser 25 7/16?
Letoff 65% - 80%
IBO speed 320 fps
Weight 3.85 lbs.

I shot this at the local archery shop set at 68#. They had nothing on the bow but a two pong arrow rest. The arrow was light approximately around the 350 grain level. It drew very smooth through to the valley of the letoff. The wall is a solid hold to pull from executing the release. The first arrow had a very slight hand shock but the second one had even less. It was extremely quiet shooting without any noise dampening items installed other than what Mathews has on it. The bow is very well balanced with out a stabilizer on it. I really thought the bow felt light in my bow hand and did not leap forward from the shot like I assumed it would because of the light weight. The handle is an improved version of the Mathews grips, which I like. The narrow limbs didn?t come across as problem at all. This bow has its own personality and does not shot like its brother the Switchback or Outback. Another quality bow for the year and a strong possibility for a new bow buyer. :yes:

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 27 December 2006 - 08:19 AM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#2 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 26 December 2006 - 10:59 PM

Mark your killing me man.....

Pat just got his XT and now your talkng about the dreniln.....

man I'm feeling old and out dated with my lx but it still shoots well :)

guess it'll have to do me another year...see whats next on the mathews list :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 11:08 AM

:lol: :lol:

I'd like to here your results of just shooting it or anyone here who has. Most of the bowshops have these bows in now. And I'm sure the sales guys behind the counter if they're not busy - would not mind filling up their day talking and shooting bows. But I warn you all you better leave your wallet at home. :lol:
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 12:00 PM

Make you all a deal. You all chip in and buy me one, I'll use it and let you know how I like it. Yeah, that's the ticket. :shifty: :lol:

#5 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 12:37 PM

IMO, the Drenalins' narrower limbs are the most serious risk Mathews has taken in years with their bows.

To get a narrower limb you have to go thicker. Thicker limbs have more stress on them than thin wide ones. You can modify the cam significantly to help compensate for this. But this isn't a slam dunk, piece of cake bit of engineering to accomplish.

I'm not saying Mathews can't pull it off because if any one can they can. But nevertheless this could be risky new technology for them.
Posted Image

#6 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 02:21 PM

Leo you bring up something I already saw, and I would guess you have too, on this bow on several other web site with broken limbs. Like you say - time and useage will show how the engineers do with this new SE3 composite material and design. Mathews sure puts some weight in their warranty backing the limbs up for life.

Kind of reminds me of some other things I read a year ago about Bowtech cams and the year before about Hoyt limbs. IMHO there's always some disinfo floating around on the web. Bowtech and Hoyt make great bows in MHO.

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 04 January 2007 - 03:55 PM.

#7 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 03:18 PM

I haven't seen any busted Drenalin Limb picts. It's certainly interesting that some are posted on the web but I always take such "POSTER-MONIALS" with a grain of salt. But, when you start seeing several obviously different bows failing I certainly don't ignore it.

I expect this design to have some growing pains. It's a significantly different enough design that this will be unavoidable.

Bowtechs new center pivot design is very interesting. Though it looks more radical it's actually a more conservative design than the Mathews. And because of the new Bowtech's looks consumers are likely to be more forgiving of growing pains on the Bowtech and really mad at Mathews if there are problems with the Drenalin.

But honestly, the slim limb design is a more difficult nut to crack. Either Mathews figured something out or they made a very very bad mistake.
Posted Image

#8 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 03:57 PM

Nah it's been only one and one story that I read. Whether it was true - who's to know? It wasn't pretty to look at. And like Leo said it would make you real upset, injured or not from it giving out.

The main question surfaced though from this photo and story - and it was putting this and several other new style bows in bow vises. That you can damage the limbs very easily by putting them in a stressed position if you're not aware of how to work on them. Most parallel limb bows were mentioned as the most prone to this limb hair line cracking and if not caught it breaks on you. It was said if I remember correctly that Pro shop was being looked at from Mathews as part of the situation.

#9 klv

klv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 07:17 PM

Has anyone out there heard about the limbs breaking on the mathews drinalin, Whats UP?

#10 klv

klv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 07:26 PM

Mathews Drenalin
Specs:
Brace height 7?
Axle to Axle length 33?
Riser 25 7/16?
Letoff 65% - 80%
IBO speed 320 fps
Weight 3.85 lbs.

I shot this at the local archery shop set at 68#. They had nothing on the bow but a two pong arrow rest. The arrow was light approximately around the 350 grain level. It drew very smooth through to the valley of the letoff. The wall is a solid hold to pull from executing the release. The first arrow had a very slight hand shock but the second one had even less. It was extremely quiet shooting without any noise dampening items installed other than what Mathews has on it. The bow is very well balanced with out a stabilizer on it. I really thought the bow felt light in my bow hand and did not leap forward from the shot like I assumed it would because of the light weight. The handle is an improved version of the Mathews grips, which I like. The narrow limbs didn?t come across as problem at all. This bow has its own personality and does not shot like its brother the Switchback or Outback. Another quality bow for the year and a strong possibility for a new bow buyer. :yes:

Have you heard about the limbs breaking on the drinalin?

#11 klv

klv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 07:34 PM

Mathews Drenalin
Specs:
Brace height 7?
Axle to Axle length 33?
Riser 25 7/16?
Letoff 65% - 80%
IBO speed 320 fps
Weight 3.85 lbs.

Thancks for the info guys, I plan to look into this further if I find something out I will let you know. I have shot a Mathews for 4 years and I love to get a new one every year I hope that nothing is wrong with the Drenalin because I just sold my Switchback to get one.

#12 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 05 January 2007 - 10:52 PM

Has anyone out there heard about the limbs breaking on the mathews drinalin, Whats UP?

I've seen one documented case in thousands shipped so far. I'd say that is better odds than most. Give it a few months if you want a true guage on how things go for the bow. If you listen to Mathews, they will tell you their new limbs have withstood two to three times the number of cycles of their old limbs in testing thus far.

Time will ultimately tell the story. But, I have a feeling this bow will be as pivotal in changing the way Mathews are made as harmonic dampening was when they introduced the "Q" line.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#13 steelrain202

steelrain202

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 06:43 AM

Pat just got his XT and now your talkng about the dreniln.....

man I'm feeling old and out dated with my lx but it still shoots well :)

guess it'll have to do me another year...see whats next on the mathews list :)

Uh ya I am still shooting my SQ2, LOL!
Only the dead know the end of war.- Plato

#14 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 07:52 AM

Uh ya I am still shooting my SQ2, LOL!

Go shoot one - I double dare you! :lol:

#15 sticknstring

sticknstring

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 05:10 PM

My brother Frank bought one last spring-absolutely loves it!!! He is bulls eyeing @ 100 yrds consistently, his shooting has improved incredibly since he parted with his PSE.
He is shooting 292 fps @ 70# with a 400-450 grain arrow. I have test shot the Drenalin and fell in love with it.
I'm still shooting my legacy! :D ...some day I'll upgrade.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users