Photo

Arrow choice poll

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Poll: Arrow choice poll (25 member(s) have cast votes)

Arrow choice poll

1. Aluminum (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. carbon (8 votes [27.59%])

Percentage of vote: 27.59%

3. Beman (2 votes [6.90%])

Percentage of vote: 6.90%

4. BlackHawk (3 votes [10.34%])

Percentage of vote: 10.34%

5. Carbon Express (7 votes [24.14%])

Percentage of vote: 24.14%

6. Carbon Tech (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Easton (4 votes [13.79%])

Percentage of vote: 13.79%

8. Gold Tips (5 votes [17.24%])

Percentage of vote: 17.24%

9. PSE (0 votes [0.00%])

10. Vital bow gear (0 votes [0.00%])

11. Satellite (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 03:37 PM

Aluminum or carbon - what's your preference?

I find arrows to be getting better in the last several years. Like the commercial states they are more than accessories to me. I like to buy shafts and then deck them out with hivis vanes and even bright wraps on some so I can find them in a target or snaked in the ground. :lol:

I've heard some shooters like one brand for 3D shooting and another for bowhunting. Some of these brands I've tried and wouldn't use for any game bowhunting that is.

What's your thoughts on arrows.

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 03 January 2007 - 08:35 AM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#2 mudduck

mudduck

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:Interested in almost everything, unless it bores me, then I'm not interested anymore

Posted 28 December 2006 - 05:12 PM

Every arrow brand that I have ever used for hunting, both aluminum and carbon, have gone exactly where I shot them, otherwise I would not have used them for hunting. I do now prefer carbon arrows because over the long haul, I do think they are cheaper to shoot because they don't bend like aluminum. Years ago I use to obsess over the equipment I shot for hunting and realized that I could buy the best there was, but it was of little use if I never got into a position to use it. Now my equipment is like an old glove- works, fits me, and is comfortable., Now I just concentrate on getting the shot and not what I'm shooting.

#3 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 07:54 PM

I've used Easton's seems like forever. :lol: They've always done the job for me. :yes:

#4 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 29 December 2006 - 01:15 AM

I've been shooting Gold Tip Pro Hunters 55/75 for years now.

I just bought a dozen Carbon express Maxima with blazers

I think I've found a new arrow. :)

I guess I'll end up making up a bunch of gold tips for things like gopher hunting or stump shooting, or donate them to others ( like pat ) who just got a bow.

I could target shoot with them, but I feel I want to shoot what I hunt with. I want to know exactly what my bow and gear is goign to do ...I dont see a reason to shoot brand x 99% of the time and then brand Y durring hunting season. doesnt make sense to me. Heck that is why I shoot broad heads most of the time ( or practice broad heads ) instead of target tips.
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#5 paturbo

paturbo

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 10:58 PM

I prefer the carbon arrows and I like the beman. I have been using the beman trebark 300. They are a little heavy but I like the way they fly and penetrate. I have been wanting to try the MFX HIT but have not decided to do so as of yet. Kinda hard to switch when your setup is already as good as one can get it.

MD

#6 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 10:44 AM

I use the Redhead Carbon Furies from Basspro :)

Gasp! Cheap arrows! +/- 0.006 straightness what are you thinking?

The Furies are spec scrap. IE. they all fall in the greater than +/- 0.005 straightness catagory. They get sorted out of some one elses premium arrow manufacturing run and Basspro sells them. Otherwise these arrows would be junked. But they are indeed made of the same quality shaft materials as the premium arrows they are sorted from. I was in the composites business for 5yrs and trust me you're going have a percentage of your product that has nothing else wrong with it but just a hair out of manufacturing spec.

I don't need dot shooting accuracy for hunting. These arrows group fine for me. The straightness spec is based on a 30" shaft. If you're shooting shorter the arrows are even straighter. If you're using a drop away rest straightness is even less of a factor.

These are the arrows I took to africa. No regrets.

Edited by Leo, 30 December 2006 - 10:44 AM.

Posted Image

#7 sschneid73

sschneid73

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 09:07 PM

Been using Eastons for as long as I can remember. Shooting the epic 300s tipped with the G5 100gr.

Steve

#8 Chrud

Chrud

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors, racing and sports.

Posted 03 January 2007 - 10:07 AM

I started using Gold Tip Pro Hunters when I bought my Switchback in 2005. I'm really happy with how they shoot with my setup. I haven't had to do any tuning when switching from fieldpoints to broadheads. :yes:

Plus, I REALLY like the color that GT are available in...

Posted Image

:D :D :D :D :D

#9 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 04 January 2007 - 10:35 AM

Love my carbon Gold Tip 5575 hunter xt's it's GT's mid-range arrow, they're tough, and smack hard out of my bow, so i think i'll stick with them... no sense messing with something that works...
Semper Fi

#10 mzlloader

mzlloader

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 628 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 03:32 PM

I am not arrow loyal yet, I have shot alumimn and carbon, I am currenly shooting Gold tip carbons and like them, very well, but if I had to make a choice, ................

It would be the

THE ONE WITH THE BLOOD ON IT :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

R L
Trophy Hunting: Its not about the Size of the Trophy, But the Memories and Experince Of the Hunt That count, SCOUTS OUT,

www.arizonaoutfitter.com

#11 Whip

Whip

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:Long walks in the woods carrying heavy equpment in poor weather. I live to hunt...other than that I am a full-time PhD student in entomology.

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:11 PM

I shoot those cheap cabela's stalker extreme arrows. Probably not good considering my girlfriends sistr is sponsored by Easton...haha. They group fine and are pretty durable, and even if they weren't, I could buy another dozen for 40 dollars.
Sean Whipple
PSE staff
It's not a passion, it's an obsession. ~Mossy Oak

#12 Rage N Retard

Rage N Retard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 05:55 PM

I have used easton's for a long time & dont see myself switching to anything else.

Edited by Rage N Retard, 17 January 2007 - 05:55 PM.

AFTER FULLDRAW IT'S ALL OVER EXCEPT THE BLEEDING!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users