2 replies to this topic

#1 Hatchet Jack

Hatchet Jack

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 07:08 AM

The 2007 3d season will be starting soon and I'm considering setting up a target bow for this year, but don't have a lot of coin to get started. I've seen Conquest 2 bows (slick and shinny version) as low as $250 bare bow. There are at least 4 versions of Conquest in addition to the Apex and Apex 7, but it looks like the Conquest lite or Conquest 2 are in my price range.

Anyone have experience with these? Saw an aweful lot of 'em last year at the IBO in Bedford.
"The Lord bless and keep you. The Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace." Num 6:24-26

#2 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 04 January 2007 - 10:43 PM

I wouldn't hesitate to pick up a C2. They didn't have the V-Lock limb pockets (tighter tolerences), but they did have harmonic dampening. (The bow was only discontinued 4 years ago... It's newer than most people think.) All of the Conquest bows (except for the "Apex" models) utilize the same cams (Max Cam, Mini-Max Cam, Super Soft Cam, etc). This even includes the new C4. As you will also note, the C4 went back to a cable slide instead of the roller guard of the "Apex" models. So, you're even in good shape there. (Many, myself included, feel that the roller guard increases side load on the top limb making for increased idler wheel lean. It can be tuned out, but it's a bit harder/more finicky to deal with than the load from a moveable cable slide. Just not something I want to deal with when I'm trying to micro-tune a target bow.) Buy the C2, slap on a Shrewd low heel grip, quality aftermarket strings, and start pounding the bull's eye. :thumbsup:

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#3 Hatchet Jack

Hatchet Jack

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 06:35 AM

I'm closing in on a C2.

Now I'm considering sights and stabilizer combo's. I've been through the IBO classes time and again and I'm liking the Bowhunter Release (MBR) class. No restriction on stabilizer (different than the Hunter Class), but fixed sights (Unlike the Bowhunter Open class). I like stretching myself to 45 yards over 35 yards too.

I've never used a long stabilizer and have no clue how to pick one out. I've seen some that are in the 30" range with different weights that can be attached to the end for different lever effect. I've also seen the three carbon shaft type with a moveable weight. Then there are the balancing weights and V-bar, some have an offset - good grief!!! No clue where to start.:read:

Sights are all over the place too. I know I'm looking for some sort of dovetail type that will get the pins further away from the riser (I believe the further out in front the front sight(s) are the more sensitive the sight is to movement - pointing out movement helps an archer increase down range accuracy) No lenses or magnification is allowed in MBR, but I still want the round aperature with a level. :coffee:

Any recommendations on stabilizers and sights? :hmm:
"The Lord bless and keep you. The Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace." Num 6:24-26

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users